- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Bayesian Approach to Optimal Replacement Policy for a Repairable System with Warranty Period
- Jung, Gi-Mun (BK21 Education Center for Transports in Systems, Chosun University) ;
- Han, Sung-Sil (BK21, Ewha Womans University)
- Published : 2002.04.01
This paper considers a Bayesian approach to determine an optimal replacement policy for a repairable system with warranty period. The mathematical formula of the expected cost rate per unit time is obtained for two cases : RFRW(renewing free-replacement warranty) and RPRW(renewing pro-rata warranty). When the failure time is Weibull distribution with uncertain parameters, a Bayesian approach is established to formally express and update the uncertain parameters for determining an optimal replacement policy. Some numerical examples are presented for illustrative purpose.
- Reliability Engineering and System Safety v.51 A Bayesian perspective on some replacement strategies Mazzuchi, T. A.;Soyer, R. https://doi.org/10.1016/0951-8320(95)00077-1
- Reliability Engineering and System Safety v.65 A Bayesian perspective on age replacement with minimal repair Sheu, S. H.;Yeh, R. H.;Lin, Y. B.;Juang, M. G. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(98)00087-8
- IEEE Transactions on Reliability v.18 Bayesian analysis of the Weibull process with unknown scale and shape parameters Soland, R. M. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.1969.5216348
- Microelectronics and Reliability v.34 An optimal imperfect maintenance policy over a warranty period Jack, N.;Dagpunar, J. S. https://doi.org/10.1016/0026-2714(94)90091-4
- Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management v.29 A Bayesian approach for Quality Management Han, S. S.;Jung, G. M.;Kwon, Y. S.
- Reliability Engineering and System Safety v.37 Optimal number of periodic maintenance operations under warranty Chun, Y. H. https://doi.org/10.1016/0951-8320(92)90127-7
- European Journal of Operational Research v.134 Optimal preventive-maintenance warranty policy for repairable products Yeh, R. H.;Lo, H. C. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(00)00238-1
- Aisa-Pacific Journal of Operational Research v.17 Periodic preventive maintenance policies following the expiration of warranty Jung, G. M.;Lee, J. H.;Park, D. H.
- IEEE Transactions on Reliability v.45 Maintenance strategies following the expiration of warranty Sahin, I.;Polatoglu, H. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.510805