- Volume 18 Issue 2
Random properties of discontinuities were attributed to the limitation of test methods and lack of obtained data. Therefore, the uncertainties are pervasive and inevitable in rock slope engineering as well as other geotechnical engineering fields. The probabilistic analysis has been proposed to deal properly with the uncertainty. However, previous probabilistic approaches do not take account of the condition of kinematic instability but consider only kinetic instability. In this study, in order to overcome the limitation of the previous studies, the geometric characteristics as well as the shear strength characteristics in discontinuities are taken account into the probabilistic analysis. Then, the new approach to evaluate the probability of failure is suggested. The results of the deterministic analysis which was carried out to compare with the result of the probabilistic analysis, are somewhat different from those of the probabilistic approach. This is because the selected and used data in the deterministic approach do not take account of the random properties of discontinuities.
- 한국지반공학회지 v.16 no.1 Sampling Bias of Discontinuity Orientation Measurements for Rock Slope Design in Linear Sampling Technique 박혁진
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Dispersion on a Sphere Fisher, R. A.
- Rock Engineering; Course Notes by Evert Hoek[Online] Hoek, E.
- Proceedings of 19th U.S Symposium on Fundamentals of Rock Joints Effect of Variability of Joint Orientation and Sterength on Factor of Safety of Wedge Stability Kulatilake, P.H.S.W.;Finely, R.E.;Gosh, A.
- Proceedings of 19th U.S Symposium on Rock Mechanics Probabilistic Analysis of the Plane Shear Failure Mode Marek, J.M.;Savely, J.P.
- Proceedings of Conference on Probabilistic Method in Geotechnical Engineering Probabilistic Slope Analysis-state of Play Mostyn, G.R.;Li, K.S.
- Landslides; Investigation and Mitigation Rock Slope Stability and Analysis Norrish, N.I.;Wiley, D.C.
- Engineering Geology v.59 Development of a Probabilistic Approach for Rock Wedge Failure Park, H.J.;West, T.R. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7952(00)00076-4
- proceedings of 4th International Symposium on Landslides Deterministic Versus Risk Analysis of Slope Stability Tabba, M.M.