- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Applicability of the Kinematic and the Static GPS Methods for Coastal Ocean Structure Survey
- Lee, Byung-Gul (Dept. of Ocean & Civil Engineering, Cheju National University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Dept. of Ocean & Civil Engineering, Cheju National University) ;
- Kang, In-Jun (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Published : 2002.02.01
The position fixing usually is determined by triangulation, traverse surveying and astronomy surveying. However, when the station is moving, it is impossible to determine its position continuously by the former method. By a satellite positioning method(GPS), this problem can be solved. In our study, we used two methods to determine the length and coordinate of a point position. One is a kinematic GPS method and the other is a static one. Each is based on carrier phase measurement and employs a relative position technique. We implemented observation experiments such as Geodimeter and DGPS(Differential GPS) successfully. To estimate the accuracy between the kinematic and static methods, we compared the results of Geodimeter, the kinematic, and the static. The results showed that the static is relatively a little more accurate than the kinematic. However, in the kinematic mode, when we received the GPS data for a long time, we found that the kinematic also had a high accuracy value for the length survey Finally, we applied the GPS to Jeju Harbor Breakwater to examine the applicability of GPS for coastal ocean structure based on the kinematics and the statics, respectively.
triangulation;traverse surveying;satellite positioning system;GPS;Geodimeter;DGPS;Jeju Harbor breakwater;coastal ocean structure
- Leick, Afred, 1995. GPS satelite surveying, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York, p.560
- Yoo, Bok-Mo, 1992. Survey Engineering, Gaemun Co., pp.402-410(Korcan)
- Yoo, Bok-Mo, 1992. Principal of Survey Engineering, Gaemun Co. pp.482-517(Korean)
- Kang, In-Joon, 1992. A Study on the Ocaan Pollution Dispersion using GPS, Korean Society of Survey Engineering. 10(1), pp.19-24(Korean)
- Dent, Borden D., 1985. Principles of Thematic Map Degin, Addison-Wesley Pub. CO, 1985. pp.34-59
- B. Hofmann-Wellenhof, Lichtenegger, H. and Collins, K., 1993. Introduction to GPS, Springer-Verlag, p.355
- Trimble Navigation, 1993. Survey Controller Operations Manual Version2.0, Trimble Navigation, Sunnyvale, Ca.