- Volume 13 Issue 1
In this paper, I describe a knowledge-based question-answering system and significance of the system with a view to constructing a fact database. The knowledge-based system takes advantage of existing NLP-resources such as conceptual structures of ontologies along with morphotogical, syntactic and semantic analysis. The use of conceptual structures allows us to select right answers through inferences basically made by expansions of concepts. However, the work of constructing factual knowledge requires a great amount of acquisition time in large-scale applications because of the nature of human interference. This is why the procedure of acquiring factual knowledge cannot be fully automated. Apart from efficiency considerations. the knowledge-based system deserves serious consideration, I point out benefits of the system and describe the whole procedure of building the system in terms of a fact database.
- Machine Translation: A Knowledge-Based Approac Nirenburg Sergei;Carbonell J.;Tomita M.;Goodman K.
- Technical Report MCCS-96-292 Ontology Development for Machin Translation: Ideology and Methodology Mahesh Kavi
- From Sentence Processing to Information Access on the World Wide Web Katz Boris
- Computational Lexical Semantics Lexical Semantics and Terminological Knowledge Represntation Burkert Gerrit;Patric Saint-Dizier(ed.);Evlyne Viegas(ed.)
- Proceedings in the 19th International Conference on Computer Processing on Oriental Languages Combining Summarization and Machine Translation Facilities to Build an Interactive Cross-Language Retrival System Shin Hyopil;Bill Ogden
- Unpublished Proposal Ontology-based Cross Lingual Information Retrieval Nirenburg Sergei
- Proceedings of the International Conference KBCS2000 A Knowledge-Based Fact Database: Acquisition To Applicatiion Shin Hyopil;Spencer Koehler