- Volume 13 Issue 1
The musical interval tells how two different pitches are related to each other. In this paper, 2 experiments examined the existence of a culture-specific system in the perception of musical intervals. These experiments evaluated the discrimination performance by the western-music experts and non-experts. The observed results demonstrate a quite different pattern compared to that of the western-culture. In these experiments. the perfect fourth's perceptual stability was clearly shown. This is significant in terms of the musical-processing system that reflects the culture-specific emotion in the domain of music. Even though we are widely exposed by the Western-tonal music. it is assumed that we have a certain type of gravity within our own musical pitch system. It has suggested that, for an advanced research, we need to carry out the tasks, requiring more empirical data independently from that of the western listeners.
- Psychology of music v.18 Intonation variants of musical intervals in isolation and on musical context Rakowski. A.
- Perception and psychophysics v.56 no.4 Frequency ratios and the discrimination of pure tone seuences Schellenberg. E.G.;Trehub. S.E.
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America v.63 no.2 Categorical perception-phenomenon or epiphenomenon : Evidence from experiments in the perception of melodic musical intervals Burns. E. M.;Ward. W.D.
- 한국심리학회지 v.8-2 음정과 음계 및 화음에 대한 지각적 범주화 반세범;정찬섭
- 전통음악 개론 김해숙;백대웅;최태현
- 음악과 이론 v.4 음계에 대한 접근 방법 서우석
- 고려대학교 대학원 박사학위 청구논문 국악 전문성에 따른 국악음의 조성도식 권윤주
- Handbook of research methods in human memory and cognition Recognition memory Murdock. Jr. B.B.;C.R. Puff(ed.)
- Psychomusicology v.14 The effects of melodic contexts on the perception of scale degrees Taylor. J.A.;Walls. K.C.;Barry. N.H.;
- Devepmental psychology v.32 no.6 Children's discrimination of melodic intervals Schellenberg. E.G.;Trehub. S.E.
- Cognitive foundations of musical pitch Krumhansl. C.L.
- Perception & Psychophysics v.21 Categorical perception of tonal intervals: Musicians can't tell sharp from flat Siegel. J.A;Siegel. W.
- Signal detection and recognition by human observers: Contemporary readings Table of d' Elliot. P.B.;J.A. Swets(ed.)
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance v.19 no.3 Musical context effects in infants and adults: Key distance Trainor. L.J.;Trehub. S.E.
- Annual Review of Psychology v.42 Music psychology: Tonal Structures in perception and mmory Krumhansl. C.L.
- 한국음향학회 학술발표대회 논문집 v.15 no.1 음정지각의 실험적 접근 박유미
- Journal of experimental Child psychology v.74 Culture-general and culture-specific factors in discrimination of meloies Schellenberg. E.G.;Trehub. S.E.
- Journal of Music theory v.19 Interval recognition: Identification of melodic and harmonic intervals Killan. R.N.;Lorton. P.V.;Schubert. E.D.
- 인하대학교 대학원 박사학위 청구 논문 조선총독부 시기의 초등음악교육에 관한 연구 신계휴