- Volume 15 Issue 2
This study develops the module to find the lateral stiffness influence matrix of each story and performs the displacement sensitivity analysis by virtual load method for the efficiency of optimal design using lateral stiffness influence matrix. Also, resizing technique based on the estimated lateral stiffness increment factors is developed to apply directly the results of optimal design. To this end, resizing technique is divided into the continuous and discrete section design methods. And then the relationships between section properties and section size are established. Specifically, an initial design under strength constraints is first performed, and then the lateral load resistant system is designed to control lateral displacements yet exceeding the drift criteria. Two types of 45-story three dimensional structures we presented to illustrate the features of the lateral drift control and resizing technique for tall buildings proposed in this study.
- C. M. Chan and D. E. Grierson, 'An Efficient Resizing Technique for the Design of Tall Steel Buildings Subject to Multiple Drift Constraints,' Int. J. of Structural Design of Tall Buildings, Vol. 2, 1993, pp.17-32 https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.4320020103
- 김호수, 김치경, 황재승, 홍성목, '분할구조 감도해석을 이용한 고층건물의 횡변위제어에 관한 연구', 대한건축학회 논문집, 제13권, 제4호, 1997, pp.371-380
- 이한주, 김호수, '근사화 개념과 민감도 해석기법을 이용한 고층 철골조의 강성최적설계', 대한건축학회 논문집, 제17권, 제2호, 2001, pp.29-36
- B. S. Smith, A., Coull, 'Tall Building Structures : Analysis and Design', John & Sons, Inc., 1991
- E. L. Wilson, J. P. Holling and H. H. Dovey, 'Three Dimensional Analysis of Building Systems', 1995