- Volume 11 Issue 8
The current study investigated the relationship between image processed data and human visibility data for natural forest scenes from the perspective of color. In particular, the results indicated relatively low Pearson product-moment correlations between the color ratings obtained from the two methods used in the study. The first method measured the color content of slides using a image processing program, while the second used a panel of human judges to rate the color content of each slide.
landscape assessment;visual quality;RGB;CYMK;image processing
- Perceptual and Moter Skills v.28 Color preferences: a cross-cultural and cross-sectional study Choungourian, A. https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.19184.108.40.2061
- Gen. Tech., Rep. RM-195 Analysis of ratings : a guide to RMRATE Brown, T.C.;Daniel, T.C.;Schroeder, H.W.;Brink, G.E.
- Research Paper RM-167 Measuring landscape aesthetics- the scenic beauty estimation method Daniel, T.C.;R.S. Boster
- Research Paper RM-256 Modeling forest scenic beauty : concepts and application to poderosa pine Brown, T.C.;Daniel, T.C.
- Proceedings of the 1992 northeastern recreation research symposium. General Technical Report NE-176. Seasonal scenic value and forest structure in northeastern hardwood stands Palmer, J.F.;Sena, K.D.;G.A. Vander Stoep(ed.)
- The biophilia hypothesis Biophilia, biophobia, and natural landscapes Ulrich, R.S.;S. R. Kellert(ed.);E.O. Wilson(ed.)
- The field guide to U.S. National Forests Mohlenbrock, R.H.
- Computer vision Overington, I.
- Forest Science v.27 Landuse designations affect perception of Scenic beauty in forest landscapes Anderson, L.M.
- Industrial photography v.36 Analyzing blood cells Maples, J.A.
- Report to the President's Commission on Americans Outdoors Participation in outdoor recreation among Americal adults and the motivations which drive participation Market Opinion Research
- Byte v.12 Probing space by camera Sheldon, L.
- Effective color displays : theory and practice Travis, D.
- Environment and Behavior v.21 The Psychological utility of visual penetration in near-view forest scenic-beauty models Ruddell, E.J.;Gramann, J.H.;Rudis, V.A.;J.M. Westphal https://doi.org/10.1177/0013916589214002
- Computer graphics Hearn, D.;M. Baker
- Environmental Management v.13 The aesthetics of forestry : what has empirical preferecne research taught us? Ribe, R.G. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01867587
- Proceedings of the 6th biennial southern silvicultural research conferecne. General Technical Report 70 Age and size structure of a shortleaf pine oak stand in the Ouachita Mountains-implication for uneven aged management Shelton, M.G.;P.A. Murphy;S. Coleman(ed.);D. Neary(ed.)
- Technologies Review v.95 Computerized searches for cancer cells Watts, L.