- Volume 11 Issue 8
A laboratory-scale dual-column biofilter system was used to study the biofiltration of dimethyl disulfide(DMDS). The biofiltration of DMDS was found to depend on the pollutant loadings rather than the inlet concentrations. It was estimated that the pollutant was only inhibitory to the operation of the biofilters at DMDS concentrations greater than 5500 ppmv A residence time of 30 seconds(120 m
residence time;initial concentration;biofilfer;dimethyl disulfide;loading
- Journal of Air and Waste Manage. Assoc. v.51 no.Aug. Sorption and Biodegradation of Vapor-Phase Organic Compounds with Wastewater Sludge and Food Waste Compost Kim, H.-J.;Cho, K.-S.;Park, J.-W.;Goltz, M. N.;Khim, J.-H.;Kim, J. Y. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2001.10464343
- Journal of Environmental Engineering v.121 no.1 Modeling Removal of Air Contaminants by Biofiltration Hodge, D. S.;Devinny, J. S. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1995)121:1(21)
- Journal of Air and Waste Manage. Assoc. v.51 no.Sep. Removal of Hydrocarbons from Wastewater Using Treated Bark Haussard, M.;Gaballah, I.;Donato, P.;de Barres, O.;Mourey, A. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2001.10464353
- Bioprocess Engineering v.1 Biological Elimination of Volatile Xenobiotic Compounds in Biofilters Ottengraf, S. P. P.;Meesters, J. J. P.;Van den Oever, A. H. C.;Rozema, H. R. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00387497
- Journal of Chromatography v.280 Headspace Gas Chromatographic Determination of Distribution Coefficients of Selected Organosulfur Compounds and Their Dependence on Some Parameters Przyjazny, A.;Janicki, W.;Chrzanowski, W.;Staszewski, R. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)91567-X
- Journal of Fermentation and Bioengineering v.76 no.1 Removability of Malodorous Gases from a Night Soil Treatment Plant by a Pilot-Scale Peat Biofilter Inoculated with Thiobacillus thioparus DW44 Park, S.-J.;Cho, K.-S.;Hirai, M.;Shoda, M. https://doi.org/10.1016/0922-338X(93)90053-B
- Journal of Fermentation and Bioengineering v.71 no.6 Degradation Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide, Methanethiol, Dimetyhl Sulfide and Dimethyl Disulfide by Thiobacillus thioparus DW44 Isolated from Peat Biofilter Cho, K.-S.;Hirai, M.;Shoda, M. https://doi.org/10.1016/0922-338X(91)90248-F
- Journal of General Microbiology v.134 Isolation and Physiological Characterization of Autotrophic Sulphur Bacteria Oxidizing Dimethul Disulphide as Sole Source of Energy Smith, N. A.;Kelly, D. P. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)91567-X
- Journal of Air and Waste Manage. Assoc. v.51 no.Dec. Biofiltration of a Mixture of Volatile Organic Emissions Azipuru, A.;Malhautier, L.;Roux, J. C.;Fanlo, L. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2001.10464388
- National Council of the Paper Industry for Air and Stream Improvement, Technical Bulletin No. 656 A study of the use of tedlar bag sampling for the determination of reduced sulfur gas concentrations in workplace atmospheres NCASI
- Design, Construction and Operation of Biofilters for Odor Control in Sewage Treatment Eitner, D.;Gethke, H. G.
- Chemical Engineering Progress no.April Consider Biofiltration for Decontaminating Gases Bohn, H. L.
- Proceedings of the 80th Annual Meeting of the Air Pollution Control Association, Paper No. 87-95A-6 Gainesville, Fl. Plants Phatak, S.
- Master of Engineering Thesis, University of Florida Control of Metyhl Mercaptan Emissions Using Biofiltration Phatak, S.