- Volume 17 Issue 3
If an arrangement admits a nice partition, or an arrangement is free, then the characteristic polynomial of the arrangement can be factored. It is known that a free arrangement does not always admit a nice partition. We show that even an inductively free arrangement does not always admit a nice partition.
hyperplane arrangement;inductively free;nice partition
- Advances in Mathematics v.91 Factorizations of the Orlik-Solomon Algebras H. Terao https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8708(92)90009-A
- Springer-Verlage Finite Reflection Groups L. C. Grove;C. T. Benson
- Grundlehren 300, Springer-Verlage, New York Arrangements of Hyperplanes P. Orlik;H. Terao
- Ivent. Math. v.56 Combinatorics and Topology of Complements of Hyperplanes P. Orlik;L. Solomon
- Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. v.320 Matroid Representations and Free Arrangements G. Ziegler https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1990-0986703-7