- Volume 16 Issue 5
RM(Switched Reluctance Motor)＇s Torque is generated by phase-current and inductance profile. A new analytical concept is proposed to determine the turn-off angle for maximization of the torque output. This paper describes a new method to maximization the average torque of a current control Switched Reluctance Motor. It is based on the simplified turn-off angle equation using least square method. Simulations carried out on a three-phase 6/4 pole SRM justify the algorithm is described. The suggested maximization average torque is verified by simulation in this paper.
- J.J.Gribble, P.C.Kjaer and T.J.E.Miller, "Optimal commutation in average torque control of switched reluctance motors." IEE Proc.-Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 146, No. 1, January 1999.
- John H.Mathews and Kurtis D.Fink. "Numerical Methods Using Matlab", Prentice-Hall, Inc., Third Edition, 1999, pp. 252-309.
- H.C.Lovatt, PhD, and J.M. Stephenson, PhD, "Computer-optimized current waveforms for switched reluctance motor." IEE Proc.-Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 141, No. 2, March 1994.
- John H.Mathews, Kurtis D.Fink.'Numerical Methods Using Matlab', Prentice-Hall, Inc., Third Edition, 1999, pp. 252-309.
- T. J. E Miller, Brushless Permanent Magnet and Reluctance Motor drives, Clarendon Press 1989.
- G. S. Buja and M. I. Valla, "control characteristics of the SRM drives-partI : operation in the linear region", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, Vol. 38, pp. 313-321, Oct. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.97550
- Husain, I., Sodhi, S. and Ehsani, M., Sliding mode observer based control for switched reluctance motors. IEEE-IAS Conf. Rec., 1994, pp. 635-643.
- Lumsdaine, A. and Lang, J.H., State observers for variable-reluctance motors. IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol . IE-37(1990), No. 2, pp. 133-142.