- Volume 26 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Parameters in a Swash Plate type Piston Pump Using the Extended Kalman Filter
확장칼만필터를 사용한 사판식 피스톤펌프의 파라메타 추정
- Huh, Jun-Young ;
- Richard Burton (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of engineering, University of saskatchewan) ;
- Greg Schoenau (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of engineering, University of saskatchewan)
- 허준영 (한국기술교육대학교 제어시스템공학과) ;
- Published : 2002.10.01
Extended Kalman Filter(EKF) is used to estimate friction and spring characteristics on the swash plate of a variable displacement pump. In earlier studies, the feasibility of the approach was established using simulation studies to establish limits of accuracy for the EKF approach when it was applied to an ideal situation. In this study, the EKF is applied to an experimental system and the issue of re liability in estimation of certain pump parameters is addressed. In addition, an approach to assign values to accommodate convergence of the EKF is considered. A special experimental system was set up to facilitate the measurement of certain states to enhance the EKF approach. Estimated parameters show ed some scatter about a specified operating point but in general, were reasonably repeatable. The study also showed that changes in the system parameters could be accurately tracked.
Extended Kalman Filter;Parameter Estimation;Swash Plate Type Piston Pump
- Candy, J. and Rozsa, R., 1980, 'Safeguards Design for a Plutonium Concentrator - An Applied Estimation Approach,' Automatica, Vol. 16, pp. 615-627 https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(80)90004-7
- Song, C. S., 1994, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Gi-Sul
- Kim, H. D., Cho, K. R., Kim, H. J. and Park, S. H., 1996, 'Early Orbit Determination Using Iterated Extended Kalman Filter,' Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 24, pp. 1114-1I27
- Brown, R. and Hwang, P., 1997, Introduction to Random Signals and Applied Kalman Filtering, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Park, H. H., 1999, 'Parameter Estimation of Hydraulic System Using Kalman Filter,' Transactions of the KSME, A, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 2167-2175
- Kavanagh, G., 1987, 'The Dynamic Modelling of An Axial Piston Hydraulic Pump,' M.Sc. Thesis, University of Saskatchewan
- Manring, N. and Johnson, R., 1994, 'Swivel Torque within a Variable-Displacement Pump,' 46th National Conference on Fluid Power, p. 13
- Akers, A. and Zeiger, G., 1985, 'Torque on the Swash plate of an Axial Piston Pump,' Transactions of the ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 107, p. 220. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3140724
- Rosa, A., Mourre, D. and Burton, R., Bitner, D., 2000, 'Estimating Parameters in a Proportional Solenoid Valve,' Bath Workshop on Power Transmission and Motion Control, Bath, UK., 15-18, Sept.
- Khoshzaban-Zauarehi, M., 1997, 'On-Line Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis in Hydraulic System Components Using Parameter Estimation and Pattern Classification,' Ph.D Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of British Columbia
- Ramden, T., 1995, 'On Condition Monitoring of Fluid Power Pumps and Systems,' Ph.D Thesis, Fluid Power Center, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Linkoping University, Sweden