- Volume 2C Issue 6
We have developed an on-line ultrasonic detector to monitor partial discharge in an operating transformer. The ultrasonic sensor has 150[KHz] resonance frequency and contains a pre-amplifier with 60[㏈] gain. The on-line ultrasonic detector has 50~300[KHz] frequency band-pass filter to remove electrical and mechanical noises from the transformer. This detector has an ultrasonic signal discrimination algorithm which discriminates ultrasonic signals due to partial discharge in a transformer. A moving average method of ultrasonic signal number was employed to effectively monitor the increasing trend of the partial discharge. This paper describes an experience of partial discharge detection in a 154[㎸] operating transformer using an ultrasonic detector. With regards to gas analysis in oil, C2H2 gas was produced with a warning level in this transformer We detected ultrasonic signals on the transformer steel wall, and estimated the position of partial discharge. With further inspection, we found carbonized marks due to partial discharge on the supporting bolt which fastens the windings.
- D.J. Kweon et al., 'A Study on the Transformer Diagnostic Technique using Ultrasonic Sensor,' The Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Insulation Engineers, Vol.8, No.2, pp.46-53, 1994
- D.J. Kweon, H.R. Kwak, 'A Study on the Detection of Ultrasonic Signal for the Diagnosis of Transformer,' The Korea Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Insulation Engineers, Vol.9, No.6, pp.65-70, 1995
- D.J. Kweon et al., 'On-Line Estimation of Partial Discharge Location in Power Transformer,' Journal of Electrical Engineering and Information Science, Vol.1, No.2, pp.45-51, 1996
- E. Howells, 'Acoustic Emission Detection of Partial Discharge in Power Transformer,' EPRI Report, pp.I-I-II-2,1985
- User's Manual, 'Mistras 2001 AEDSP32/16,' Physical Acoustics Corporation, pp.1-96, 1996
- H.R. Kwak, et al., 'A Study on the Development of the Diagnostic System to Prevent Failure of the Power Apparatus,' KEPRI Final Report, pp.1-309, 1993
- User's Manual of the TNU and Hydran 201i, Syprotec, pp.1 ~48, 1999
- E. Lemke, 'User's Manual of the Partial Discharge Measuring System LDS-6,' LEMKE Diagnostics GmbH, pp.5 -79, 2000
- D.J. Kweon, 'An Application of the On Line Partial Discharge Measurement Method in Transformer,' The Korea Institute of Electrical Engineers, VoI.50C, No.8, pp.394-400, 2001
- 'User's Manual of the OLTC Monitoring System,' MR, pp.1-13,1999
- D.J. Kweon et al., 'Development of the Preventive Diagnostic System for the 765kV Substation Equipments,' KEPRI Final Report, pp.1-128, 2001.
- D.J. Kweon et al., 'Ultrasonic Frequency Spectrum of Partial Discharge in Transformer and Outside Corona,' Proceedings of the KIEE Spring Annual Conference, pp.no-272, 1999
- D.J. Kweon et al., 'Ultrasonic Noises in Power Transformer,' Proceedings of the KIEE Summer Annual Conference, pp.2305-2307, 1999
- D.J. Kweon, H.R. Kwak, 'A Preventive Diagnosis of Transformer using Moving Average of the Ultrasonic Signal Number,' The Korea Institute of Electrical Engineers, VoI.45, No.3, pp.432~437, 1996