- Volume 9 Issue 3
Partial residual plots, augmented partial residual plots and CERES plots are basic diagnostic tools for dealing with curvature as a function of specific predictors in regression problem. However, it is known that these plots can miss a curve or show a false curve in some cases such as predictors are related each other. Dynamic display of these plots is developed and applied. Examples demonstrate that dynamic plots are useful for obtaining additional Information on the curvature.
ARES plot;Augmented partial residual plots;CERES plots;Partial residual plots;Dynamic graphics
- LISP-STAT Tierney, L.
- Technometrics v.14 The Use of Partial Residual Plots in Regression Analysis Larsen, W. A.;McClery, S. J. https://doi.org/10.2307/1267305
- Technometrics v.12 Ridge regression: biased estimation for nonorthogonal proglems Hoerl, A. E.;Kennard, P. E. https://doi.org/10.2307/1267351
- Computational Statistics & Data Analysis v.30 A dynamic plot for the specification of curvature in linear regresson Seo, H. S. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9473(98)00057-7
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.37 Seeing a curve in multiple regression Berk, K. N.;Booth, D. E.
- Technometrics v.31 Regression Diagnostics With Dynamic Graphics Cook, R. D.;Weisberg, S. https://doi.org/10.2307/3556140
- Technometrics v.28 Augmented Partial Residual Plots Mallows, C. L. https://doi.org/10.2307/1268980
- Technometrics v.35 Exploring Partial Residual Plots Cook, R. D. https://doi.org/10.2307/1270269
- Computational Statistics & Data Analysis v.17 ARES plots for Generalized Linear Models Cook, R. D.;Weisberg, S. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-9473(92)00075-3
- Tecnometrics v.4 Regression diagnostic polts in 3-D Berk, K. N.
- Technometrics v.38 Added-Variable Plots and Curvature in Linear Regression Cook, R. D. https://doi.org/10.2307/1270611
- Technometrics v.29 Added-Variable Plots in Linear Regression Johnson, B. W.;McCulloch, R. E. https://doi.org/10.2307/1269453