- Volume 11 Issue 11
The ecological characteristics of Dolbae trees, a valuable genetic resource for native pyrus fruit trees, were investigated at four naturally inhabited areas on Mount Kaya, Gyeongsangnam-Do. Most Dolbae trees were found on the southwest side of an old hiking path to a mountain valley at altitudes of 610∼670 m. The surrounding flora consisted of 46 families, 69 genera, 75 species, and 10 varieties. The natural habitat of the Dolbae trees was basically a deciduous broad-leaved forest with a predominance of Quercus serrata and ligneous plants(xylophytes) from the Fagaceae and Betulaceae families. The habitat was also found to be in a second transition resulting from forest disturbance and exhibited a degree of diversity of 2.901-5.065, based on Shannon-Weiner's index. Examination of the Dolbae trees found in Mount Kaya revealed diameter breast heights(DBHs) ranging from 10 to 60 cm, including six old and large Dolbae trees with a DBH of 50∼60 cm, which will be particularly valuable as a genetic resource. Accordingly, the current results suggest that the study areas are a secondary forest in a typical mid-temperate zone resulting from forest damage about 10 years earlier.
habitat;Dolbae tree;frus pyrus pyrifolia;Plant resource;diversity
- Kor. J. Env.Eco. v.12 no.1 pp.9-13 Effect of preservation period. light, temperature, and priming on the seed germination of Lysimachia mauritiana Ahn, Y. H.;J. H. Sul;K. H. Cho
- Distribution of Plant Community and Environment pp.329-340 Ishitsuka, K. O.
- Illustrated Flora of Korea pp.460-463 Lee, T. B.
- Manual of Woody landscape Plants(4th ed.) pp.679-684 Dirr, M. A.
- Collected Data of Plant Genetic Resources pp.4-27 Matsuo T.N.
- Plant Res. v.4 no.3 pp.130-139;460-461 Ecological characteristics and distribution of plant resources of Pyrus and Malus sp. in Jindong valley, Gwangwon province. Ahn, Y. H.;K. H. Chung;K. Y. Choi;D. S. Park
- Kor. J. Env. Eco. v.14 no.3 pp.205-211 Effect of sucrose and supplementary substances on the germination ecology and the seedling growth of native Bletilla striata Cho, K. H.;Y. H. Ahn
- Functional Ecology v.3 pp.379-382 Infiltration Invasion Wilson, J. B.;G. W. Lee
- Methods of Soil Analysis Page, A. L.
- Plant Sociology pp.5-9 Sasaki,K. Y.
- Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics v.5 pp.285-307 The Measurement of Species Diversity Peet, R. K. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.es.05.110174.001441
- Manual of Ecological Research pp.238-246 Ecology Research Group
- Pflazensoziologie, Grundzude der Vegetationskunde(3rd ed.) pp.85 Braun-Blanquet, J.
- A Cyclopedia of Useful Plants and Plant Products pp.514-519 Shibata, K.
- Kor. J. Hort. Sci. & Technol. v.20 pp.126-133 Ecological characteristics and distribution of Korean native Rhapontica uniflora at habitats Ahn, Y. H.;K. Y. Choi
- The Flora and Vegetation of Japan pp.211-236 Yoshioka, K.;Numata, M.(ed.)
- Terrestrial Plant Ecology pp.54-59 Barbour, M. G.;J. H. Burk;W. D. Pitts
- J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. v.40 no.4 pp.505-510 Palynotaxonomic study of the genus Hemerocallis in Korea Ahn, Y. H.;S. H. Kim;C. H. Lee;S. T. Lee
- Kor. J. Env. Eco. v.13 no.3 pp.203-208 Studies on characteristics of Adonis amurensis native to South Korea Ahn, Y. H.;S. H. Yeau;N. S. Lee;S. T. Lee