- Volume 11 Issue 11
Existing retaining walls are usually made from only one cast form and any damage must be promptly repaired. However, when a part of a retaining wall is repaired, a gap can be created between the repaired and existing parts, along with an unpleasing visual effect. As such, the whole structure is often reconstructed, rather than repairing one part, resulting in construction waste and possible contamination of the environment. Accordingly, the current study proposes a construction method for a retaining wall that uses separate blocks to downsize of quantity of construction waste. In addition, by changing the color or modifying the block cover a more environmentally friendly retaining wall construction method is achieved.
retaining wall;separate block;retaining wall block
- Re-bar Detail of Structure K.C.I.
- Specification of Concrete K.S.C.E.
- Design of Structure Sun, Y.;Han, B. G.;Kang, Y. C.
- Nondestructive evaluation & of Concrete Structure K.C.I.
- Manual for Design of Highway Korea Highway Corporation
- Specification of Concrete K.C.I.
- Manual for Inspection & Evaluation Ministry of Construction & Transportation
- Reinforced Concrete Byun, D. K.;Shin, H. M.;Moon, J. K.
- Training Manual for Inspection and Evaluation(Ⅰ),(Ⅱ) KISTEC