- Volume 20 Issue 7
Since 1990s. there has been an increasing number of traffic accidents at intersection. which requires more urgent measures to insure safety on intersection. This study set out to analyze the road conditions, traffic conditions and traffic operation conditions on signalized intersection. to identify the elements that would impose obstructions in safety, and to develop a traffic accident prediction model to evaluate the safety of an intersection using the cop relation between the elements and an accident. In addition, the focus was made on suggesting appropriate traffic safety policies by dealing with the danger elements in advance and on enhancing the safety on the intersection in developing a traffic accident prediction model fir a signalized intersection. The data for the study was collected at an intersection located in Wonju city from January to December 2001. It consisted of the number of accidents, the road conditions, the traffic conditions, and the traffic operation conditions at the intersection. The collected data was first statistically analyzed and then the results identified the elements that had close correlations with accidents. They included the area pattern, the use of land, the bus stopping activities, the parking and stopping activities on the road, the total volume, the turning volume, the number of lanes, the width of the road, the intersection area, the cycle, the sight distance, and the turning radius. These elements were used in the second correlation analysis. The significant level was 95% or higher in all of them. There were few correlations between independent variables. The variables that affected the accident rate were the number of lanes, the turning radius, the sight distance and the cycle, which were used to develop a traffic accident prediction model formula considering their distribution. The model formula was compared with a general linear regression model in accuracy. In addition, the statistics of domestic accidents were investigated to analyze the distribution of the accidents and to classify intersections according to the risk level. Finally, the results were applied to the Spearman-rank correlation coefficient to see if the model was appropriate. As a result, the coefficient of determination was highly significant with the value of 0.985 and the ranks among the intersections according to the risk level were appropriate too. The actual number of accidents and the predicted ones were compared in terms of the risk level and they were about the same in the risk level for 80% of the intersections.
- 교통공학원론(上) 도철웅
- 대한교통학회지 v.19 no.6 신호교차로 교통사고 예측모형의 개발 및 적용 (광주광역시 4-지신호교차로를 중심으로) 하태준;강정규;박제진
- 교통안전연구논집 교차로 교통사고 위험도평가지수의 개발에 관한 연구 심관보
- 교통통계 경찰청
- 전국 시도 및 도로별 사고 잦은 곳 현황 도로교통안전관리공단 교통사고 종합분석센터
- 연세대학교 대학원 석사논문 도로특성이 교통사고에 미치는 영향 분석 임윤상
- 원광대학교 토목환경공학과 석사논문 교차로 안전평가기법에 대한 연구 김원철
- 대한교통학회지 v.17 no.4 상충기법을 이용한 교차로 안전진단에 관한 연구 이수범;강인숙
- Accident and capacity comparisons of leading and lagging left turn signal phasings Sheffer;Janson
- TRR 1581 Effect of Median Treatment on Urban Arterial Safety an Accident Prediction Model James A. Bonneson;Patrick T. Mccoy
- TRR 1010 Effect of signal timing on traffic flow and crashs at signalized intersections Zador.P.;Stein.H.;Shapiro,S.;Tarnoff,P.
- TRR 1401 Estimation of safety at two-way stop-controlled intersections on rural highways James A. Bonneson;Patrick T. McCoy