- Volume 14 Issue 5
T-shaped walls have different strength, stiffness and ductility in the two opposite directions parallel to the web when subjected to horizontal in-plane loads. When the flange is in tension, the extent that the flange reinforcement contributes to the flexural strength will be subjected to shear-lag effect. Because of this shear-lag effect, the flange may not participate fully in the action with the web, and the effective flange width is needed for predicting the actual strength and stiffness of structures. The objective of this paper is to evaluate the effective flange width and actual strength of the T-shaped wall with Korean code specified detailing of the wall web. Three specimens were tested with cyclic lateral loading applied at top of the wall. A constant axial load of approximately 0.1f
- "PCI Design Handbook Precast and Prestressed Concrete," Third Edition, Prestressed Concrete Institute, 1985.
- John, W. W, "Evaluation of UBC-94 Provisions for Seismic Design of RC Structural Walls," Earthquake, Vol. 12, No. 2, May 1996. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1585883
- He, L. M., Priestley, M. J. N., "Seimic Behavior of Flanged Masonry Shear Walls," U.S.-Japan Coordinated Program Masonry Building Research, Report No. 4.1-2 November 1002.
- ACI Committee 318, "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (318-99) and Commentary (318R-99)," 1999.
- Canadian Portland Cement Association, "Concrete Design Handbook," 1995.
- Paulay, T. and Priestley, M. J. N. "Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonsy Buildings," John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1992.
- Hirosawa, M., "Past Experimental Results on Reinforced Concrete Shear Walls and Analysis on Them," Buildihg Research Institute. Ministry of Construction, Japan Goverment, March 1975. (In Japanese).
- 伊藤光康他, "連層耐方壁に關する實驗的 研究"コンワリ-ト 工學年次論文報告集, 1987 pp.400-412.
- 대한건축학회, "철근 콘크리트 내력벽식 건축물 설계지침(안)," 1992.
- 김상식, "철근콘크리트 구조설계," 문운당, 1997. pp. 342-345.