- Volume 14 Issue 6
Flat plate structures under lateral load are susceptible to punching shear failure of the slab-column connection. To prevent such brittle failure, strength and ductility of the connection should be ensured. However, due to complexity in the behavior and difficulty in simulating the actual load and boundary conditions of the flat plate system, it is not easy to obtain reliable data regarding to the strength and ductility from the previous experimental studies. In the present study, a numerical study was performed for interior connections of continuous flat plate. For the purpose, a computer program for nonlinear FE analyses was developed, and the validity was verified by comparisons with the existing experimental results. Through the parametric studies, the variations of bending moment, shear, and torsional moment around the connection were investigated. Based on the findings of the numerical studies, the aspects which need to be improved in current design methods were discussed. The results of the present study will be used for developing a design method for the flat plate-column connection in the companion paper.
- 대한건축학회, "건축물 하중기준 및 해설," 2000년.
- 한국콘크리트학회, 대한건축학회, "콘크리트구조 설계기준," 1999.
- 박홍근, 엄태성, "비선형 시간이력해석에 의한 벽식 아파트의 내진 안전성 검토," 지진공학회 발표논문, 2001. 4.
- American Concrete Institute, "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete," ACI 318-02. pp.184-186, pp.213-232.
- Robertson, N. and Durrani, A. J., "Gravity Load Effect on Seismic Behavior of Interior Slab-Column Connections," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 89, No.1, January-February, 1992, pp.37-45.
- ACI-ASCE Committee 352, "Recommendations for Design of Reinforced Concrete Slab-Column Connections in Monolithic Reinforced Concrete Structures," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 85, No. 6, November-December, 1988, pp.675-696.
- Farhey, D. N., Adin, M. A, and Yankelevsky, D. Z., "Flat Slab-Column Subassemblages under Lateral Loading," Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 119, No. 6, June, 1993, pp.1903-1916. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1993)119:6(1903)
- Ghali, A, Elmasri, M. Z., and Diler, W., "Punching of Flat Plates under Static and Dynamic Horizontal Force," ACI Journal, October, 1976, pp.566 -572.
- Luo, Y. H. and Durrani, A. J., "Equivalent Beam Model for Flat-Slab Buildings-Part1: Interior Connections," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 92, No. 1, January-February, 1995, pp.115-124.
- Park, H. and Klingner, R. E., "Nonlinear Analysis of RC Members Using Plasticity with Multiple Failure Criteria," Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 123, No.5, 1997, pp. 643-651. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:5(643)
- Moehle, J. P., Kreger, M. E., and Leon, R., "Background to Recommendations for Design of Reinforced Concrete Slab-Column Connections," ACI Structural Journal, V. 85, No. 6, November-December, 1988, pp.636-644.
- Pan, Al. D., and Moehle, J. P., "An Experimental Study of Slab-Column Connections," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 89, No.6, November-December, 1992, pp.626-638.
- Strength of Interior Plat Plate-Column Connections Subjected to Unbalanced Moment vol.14, pp.6, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2002.14.6.961