- Volume 14 Issue 6
Current design equations for shear strength of reinforced concrete columns generally overestimate the shear strength contribution by the circular transverse reinforcement. This is due to the simplification of the discrete distribution of the reinforcement to the continuous one and the imprudent application of the classical truss model to the circular section, which is different in shear-resisting mechanism from the rectangular section. This study presents a rational model for the prediction of shear strength contribution by the circular transverse reinforcement considering the starting location of a diagonal crack, the number of transverse reinforcing bars crossing the main crack and the geometrical strength component of the transverse resistance. It was found that, for lower amount transverse reinforcement, the crack starting point and the number of crack crossing bars greatly influence the shear-resisting capacity. Proposed model leads to a reliable design equation which is derived using a linear regression method and is in good agreement with the lower bound of exact strength curve.
- 하태훈, 홍성걸, "토론: 철근콘크리트 원형기둥의 전단철근 유효단면적 평가," 콘크리트학회논문집, Vol.11, No.6, pp.137-140, 1999
- 김장훈, "철근콘크리트 원형기둥의 전단철근 유효단면적 평가," 콘크리트학회논문집, Vol.11, No.3, pp.81-88, 1999.
- American Concrete Institu (ACI), "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete," ACI 318-99 and ACI 318R-99 Commentary, FarmingtonHills, Mich, 1999
- Ang, B. G., Priesley, M. J. N., and Paulay, T.,"Seismic Shear Strength of Circular Reinforced Concrete Columns," ACI Structural Journal, 86(1), pp.45-59, 1989
- Dancygier, A. N., "Shear Carried by Transverse Reinforcement in Circular RC Element," Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.127, No.1, 81-83, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:1(81)
- 김장훈, 정준언, 홍성걸, "콘크리트 원형단면의 횡보강근에 의한 전단강도 평가 이론 및 실험," 2000년도 한국콘크리트학회 봄 학술발표회 논문집, 12(1), pp.515-520, 2000.