- Volume 14 Issue 6
The objective of this study is to determine the range of confinement (or the transverse reinforcement of the reinforced concrete structural walls with the T-shaped cross section subjected to cyclic lateral loads. The range of confinement for transverse reinforcement is related to the location of neutral axis and determined by the magnitude and distribution of compressive strain. The compressive strain depends on the ratio of wall cross sectional area to the floor-plan area, the aspect ratio, configuration, the axial load, and the reinforcement ratios. By affection of flange, the neutral axis appears different depending on positive and negative forces and because of this reason, when web and flange are subjected to compressive stress, the range of confinement for the transverse reinforcement of T-shaped walls would shows different result. Therefore this experimental research focused on the structural characteristics of T-shaped walls and suggested the neutral axis depth through comparing the results of this study with sectional analysis.
- John W. Wallace, "Seismic Design of RC Structural Walls, Part II : Application," Journal cf Structural Eng. Div., ASCE, Jan. 1995, pp.88-101. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:1(88)
- 하상수, 오영훈, 최창식, 이리형, "단부구속효과에 따른 RC T형 벽체의 구조성능에 관한 실험적 연구," 대한건축학회 논문집, 제18권, 제6호, 2002.6, pp.39-45.
- C. Chadwel, "UCFYBER : Cross Section Analys is Software for Structural Engineers," University of California, Berkeley, 1999.
- M. J. N. Priestley and M. J. Kowalsky, "Aspects of Drift and Ductility Capacity of Rectangular Cantilever Structural Walls," Bulletin of New Zealand National Society for Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 31, No.6, 1998, pp.73-85.
- John W. Wallace, "Seismic Design of RC Structural Walls, Part I : New Code Format," Journal of Structural Eng. Diu., ASCE, Jan. 1995, pp.75-87. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:1(75)
- International Conference on Building Officials, Uniform Building Code, Whittier, California, 1999.
- John W. Wallace, "New Methodology for Seismic Design of RC Shear Walls," Journal of Structural Eng. Div., ASCE, March. 1994, pp.863-884. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:3(863)
- ACI Committee 318 , "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete(318-99) and Commentary (318-99)," 1999.
- J. B. Mander and M. J. N. Priestley, "Theoretical Stress-Strain Model for Confined Concrete," Journal of Structrual Engineering, Vol. 114, No. 8, August, 1988, pp.1804-1826. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:8(1804)
- Seismic Performance of T-Shaped PC Walls with Wet Cast Joint vol.26, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2014.26.3.255