- Volume 14 Issue 6
The chloride penetration in concrete structures is influenced by many factors such as types of cement and admixture proportion. Therefore, the effects of these factors on chloride diffusion must be correctly considered. The conventional diffusion analysis also neglected the existence of reinforcing bar in concrete structures. The purpose of the present paper is therefore to investigate the effect of reinforcing bar on the chloride diffusion in concrete structures. For this purpose, a comprehensive finite element analyses have been conducted to obtain chloride penetration profile. The results indicate that the chlorides are accumulated in front of a reinforcing bar and that the accumulation is much larger for the case of large diameter bars. The higher accumulation of chloride at bar location causes much faster corrosion of reinforcing steel. It can be concluded from the present study that the effects of reinforcing bars must be considered in chloride diffusion analysis for more realistic prediction of durable life of concrete structures.
- Tang, L. and Nilsson, L. O., "Chloride Binding Capacity and Binding Isotherms of OPC Pastes and Martars," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 23, No. 2, 1993, pp.347-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(93)90100-N
- 이석원, 박상준, 송하원, 변근주, "고로슬래그 미분말 콘크리트의 염화물이온 확산모델," 한국콘크리트학회 가을 학술발표회 논문집, 제8권 2호, 2000. 11., pp.467-472.
- Broomfield, J. P., "Corrosion of Steel in Concrete: Understanding, Investigation and Repair,", RILEM, E & FN Spon, 1997.
- 김은겸, 신치범, 이윤한, "콘크리트 구조물의 염화물이온 침투거동 해석," 콘크리트학회지, 제8권 6호, 1997., pp. 233-241.
- Thomas, M., "Chloride Thresholds in Marine Concrete," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 26, No. 4, 1996, pp.513-519. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(96)00035-X
- Rasheeduzzafar, Hussain, S. E. and Al-Saadoun, S. S., "Effect of Tricalcium Aluminate Content of Cement on Chloride Binding and Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel in Concrete," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 89, No. 1, 1992, pp.3-12.
- L. Tang and L.-O. Nilsson, "A Numerical Method for Prediction of Chloride Penetration into Concrete Structures," The Modelling of Micro Structure and Its Potential for Studying Transport Properties and Durability, pp.539-552.
- C. L. Page, N. R. Short, A. El Tarras, "Diffusion of Chloride Ions in Hardened Cement Pastes," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 11, 1981, pp. 395-406. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(81)90111-3
- 오병환, 정원기, 강승희, 장승엽, "염소이온에 의한 철근부식에 관한 콘크리트 구조물의 내구연한 예측을 위한 수학적 모델", 한국콘크리트학회 가을 학술발표회 논문집 제8권 2호, 1996. 11., pp.201-206.
- Stratfull, R. F., "Half Cell Potentials and the Corrosion of Steel in Concrete," Presented at the 52nd Annual Meeting of Highway Research Board, 1973.
- Hussain, S. E. and Al-Gahtani, A. S., Rasheeduzzafar, "Chloride Threshold for Corrosion of Reinforcement in Concrete," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 94, No. 6, 1996, pp.534-538.
- Yunping, Xi and Z. P. Bazant, "Modeling Chloride Pentration in Saturated Concrete," J. of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 1, Feb., 1999, pp. 58-65. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(1999)11:1(58)
- Rasheeduzzafar, Hussain, S. E. and Al-Saadoun, S. S. "Effect of Cement Composition on Chloride Binding and Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel in Concrete," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 21, 1991, pp.777-794. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(91)90173-F
- Bazant, Z. P., "Physical Model for Steel Corrosion in Concrete Sea Structures : Application," ASCE, ST6, 1979, pp.1155-1165.
- Hope, B. B. and Ip, A. K. C., "Chloride Corrosion Threshold in Concrete," ACI Materials Jouranl, Vol. 84, No. 4, 1987, pp.306-314.
- 오병환, 장봉석, "철근 영향을 고려한 콘크리트 구조물의 염소이온 확산해석," 대한토목학회 학술발표논문집, 2001.
- 장봉석, "염소이온 확산에 미치는 철근의 영향과 비선형 부식분포를 고려한 철근콘크리트 구조물의 사용수명 추정방법," 서울대학교 박사학위 논문, 2001.
- Eric J. Hansen and V. E. Saouma, "Numerical Simulation of Reiforced Concrete Deterioration -Part I: Chloride Diffusion," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 96, No. 2, 1999, pp. 173-180.
- H. M. Jennings and P. D. Tennis, "Model for Developing Microstructures in Portland Cement Paste," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., Vol. 77, No. 12, 1994, pp.3161-3172. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1994.tb04565.x
- 김도겸, 이종석, 고경택, 이장화, 송영철, 조명석, "철근의 부식 예측 모델에 관한 연구," 한국콘크리트학회 가을학술발표회 논문집, 1999., pp.739-742.
- Tang, L., "A Windows Program for Prediction of Chloride Penetration into Submerged Concrete," Proceedings of the RILEM International Workshop on Chloride Penetration into Concrete, Oct. 15-18, 1995.
- Page, C. L., Short, N. R., and Holden, W. R., "The Influence of Different Cements on Chloride -Induced Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel," Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 16, No. 1, 1986, pp. 79-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(86)90071-2
- Tang L., and I.-O. Nisson, "Service Life Prediction for Concrete Structures Under Seawater by a Numerical Approach," dBMC Components 7, E&FN Spon, 1996.
- Tuutti, K., "Service Life of Structures with Regard to Corrosion of Embedded Steel," Performance of Concrete in Marine Environment, SP-65, Journal of American Concrete Institute, Detroit, 1980, pp.223-236.