- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Model for fiber Cross-Sectional Analysis of FRP Concrete Members Based on the Constitutive Law in Multi-Axial Stress States
다축응력상태의 구성관계에 기초한 FRP 콘크리트 부재의 층분할 단면해석모델
- Published : 2002.12.01
Among the methods for enhancement of load-carrying capacity on flexural concrete member, recently, a concept is being investigated which replaces the steel in a conventional reinforced concrete member with a fiber reinforced polymer(FRP) shell. This study focuses on modeling of the structural behavior of concrete surrounded with FRP shells in flexural bending members. A numerical model of fiber cross-sectional analysis is proposed to predict the stress and deformation state of the FRP shell and concrete. The stress-strain relationship of concrete confined by a FRP shell is formulated to be based on the constitutive law of concrete in multi-axial compressive stress state, in assuming that the compression response is dependent on the radial expansion of the concrete. To describe the FRP shell behavior, equivalent orthotropic properties of in-plane behavior from classical lamination theory are used. The present model is validated to compare with the experiments of 4-point bending tests of FRP shell concrete beam, and has well predicted the moment-curvature relationships of the members, axial and hoop strains in the section, and the enhancement of confinement effect in concrete surrounded by FRP shell.
- 이상호, 허원석, "적층성을 띤 CFS로 보강된 원형 콘크리트 기둥의 보강효과 해석," 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, 제11권, 3호, pp. 89-100, 1999.
- Cho, C. G. and Hotta, H., "A Study on Compressive Strength of Concrete in Flexural Regions of Reinforced Concrete Beams Using Finite Element Analysis," Structural Engineering and Mechanics, An International Journal, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.313-328, 2002. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2002.13.3.313
- Mirmiran, A., and Shahawy, M., "Behavior of Concrete Columns Confined by Fiber Composites, J. Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 123, No. 5, pp. 583-590, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:5(583)
- Kent, D. C. and Park, R., "Flexural Members with Confined Concrete," J. of Struct. Div., ASCE, Vol. 97, ST7, pp.1969-1990, 1971.
- Burgueno, R., McKinley, J., Seible, F., and Hegemier, G., "Carbon Shell Systems for Concrete Piers - Design of Pilot Test Specimens," Advanced Composite Technology Transfer Consortium Report No. ACTT-95-01, Univ. of California, San Diego, Jan. 1995.
- Mander, J. B., "Seismic Design of Bridge Piers," Ph. D. Dissertation. Dept. of Civil Eng., Univ. of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1984.
- Saadatmanesh, H., Ehsani, M. R., and Li, M. W., "Strength and Ductility of Concrete Columns Externally Reinforced with Fiber Composite Straps," ACI Structural Journal., Vol. 91, No. 4, pp.434-447, 1994.
- Hosotani, M., Kawashima, K., and Hoshikuma, J., "A Stress-Strain Model for Concrete Cylinders Confined by Carbon Filber Sheets," Journal of Materials, Concrete Structures, and Pavement, JSCE, Vol. 39, No. 592, pp.37-52, 1998.