- Volume 14 Issue 6
Fibers play a role to increase the tensile strength and cracking resistance of concrete structures. The post cracking behavior must be clarified to predict cracking resistance of fiber reinforced concrete. The purpose of this study is to develop a realistic analysis method for the post cracking behavior of synthetic fiber reinforced concrete members. For this purpose, the cracked section is assumed to behave as a rigid body and the pullout behavior of single fiber is employed. A probabilistic approach is used to calculate effective number of fibers across crack faces. The existing theory is compared with test data and shows good agreement. The proposed theory can be efficiently used to describe the load-deflection behavior, moment-curvature relation, load-crack width relation of synthetic fiber reinforced concrete beams.
- ACI Committee 544, "Design Considerations for Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete."
- 김규선,이차돈,심종성,최기봉,박제선, "강섬유보강 콘크리트의 인장파괴메카니즘에 대한 이론연구," 콘크리트학회지, 1993,06 Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.141-150.
- ASTM C 1018-89, "Standard Test Method for Flexural Toughness and First-Crack Strength of Fiber Reinforced Concrete( Using Beam with Third-Point Loading)," 1991 Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04.02, ASTM, Philadelphia, pp.507 - 513.
- Banthia, N. and Armelin, H., "Predicting the Flexural Postcracking Performance of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete from the Pullout of Single Fibers," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 94, No.1, Jan.-Feb., 1997, pp.18-31.
- (주)하이콘, "구조용 합성섬유의 최적형상함수 결정에 관한 연구," SK건설 주식회사 최종보고서, 2001. 7.
- Lim, T. Y.; Paramasivam, P.,; and Lee, S. L.,"Bending Behavior of Steel Fibers Concrete Beams," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 84, No.6, Nov.-Dec., 1987, pp.524-536.
- 김규선, 이차돈, 심종성, 최기봉,박제선, "SFRC의 인장 파괴거동에 대한 해석," 콘크리트학회 봄 학술발표회 논문, 1993, pp.65-72.
- Victor C. Li., Z. Lin., and T. Matsumoto, "Influence of Fiber Bridging on Structural Size-Effect," Int. Journal of Solids Structures Vol. 35, 1998, pp.4223-4238. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(97)00311-9
- Park, R. and Paulay. T., Reinforced Concrete Structures. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, N. Y., 1975.
- M. C. Nataraja, N. Dhang, and A. P. Gupta, "Stress-Strain Curves for Steel-Fiber Reinforced Concrete Under Compression," Cement & Concrete Composites Vol.21, 1999, pp.383-390 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(99)00021-9
- Chriostoper K. Y .. Leung, Y.. and Phlip Geng, "Micromechanical Modeling of Softening Behavior In Steel Fiber Reinforced Cementitious Composites," Int. J Solids Structures, 1998, Vol. 35, No.31-32, pp.4205-4222. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(97)00310-7
- Goparalatnam, V. S; Surendra, S. P.;Gordon, B.B.; Criswell, M. E.; Ramakrishnan, V.; and Wecharatana, M., "Fracture Toughness of Fiber Reinforced Concrete," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 88, No.4, July-Aug. 1991, pp.339-353.
- D. Lange-Kombam and B. L. Karihaloo, "Tension Softening of Fibre-Reinforced Cementitious Composites," Cement and Concrete Composites Vo1.19, 1997, pp.315-328. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(97)00027-9
- Banthia, N. and Trottier, J., "Concrete Reinforced with Deformed Steel Fibers, Part I : Bond-Slip Mechanism," ACI Material Journal, Vol. 91, No.5, Sept.-Oct., 1994, pp.435-446.
- Oh, B. H. "Flexural Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Beams Containing Steel Fibers," ASCE, Journal of Structural Engineering 1992, Vol. 118, No. 10, 2691-8. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1992)118:10(2691)
- Romualdi, J. P. and Mandel, J. A., "Tensile Strength of Concrete as Affected by Uniformly Distributed and Closely Spaced Short Lengths of wire Reinforcement," ACI Journal, Proceedings Vol. 61, No 6, June 1964, pp.650-670.
- Soroushian, P. and Lee, C., "Tensile Strength of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete : Correlation with Some Measures of Fiber Spacing," ACI Material Journal, Vol. 87, No.5, Sept.-Oct., 1990.
- Japan Concrete Institute, JCI SF4, Method of Test for Flexural Strength and Flexural Toughness of Fiber Reinforced Concrete.
- Soroushian, P. and Lee, C., "Distribution and Orientation of Fibers in Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete," ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 87, No. 5, Sep.-Oct., 1990, pp.433-439.
- Ezeldin AS, Balaguru PN. "Normal and High Strength Fiber Reinforced Concrete under Compression," Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 1992;4(4), pp.415-427. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(1992)4:4(415)
- Gopalaratnam, V. S. and Shah, S. P., "Softening Response of Plain Concrete in Direct Tension," ACI Journal, Proceedings Vol. 82, No. 3, Mar., 1985, pp.310-323.