- Volume 5 Issue 3
The influence of thermal stress at tread breaking in Korean High Speed Train wheel was investigated using the coupled thermal-mechanical analysis technique. The mechanical load or wheel-rail contract load and braking load were considered during FEM analysis. During the stop braking, the effect of mechanical stress on the combined stress is relatively larger than that of thermal stress in the rim of wheel. However, the effect of thermal stress is relatively larger than that of mechanical stress in the plate of wheel. When 300% of the block force was applied, the maximum von Mises stress of 61.0 MPa was found at the outside plate around 400 mm far away from the wheel center.
- Y. Yamamura. 'New light corrugated wheel'. 1991
- J. P. Bruner, 'Analysis of residual, thermal, and loading stresses in a B33 wheel and their relationship to fatigue damage', Journal of Engineering for Industry, pp. 249-258, 1967
- H. R. Wetenkamp, 'The Influence of brake shoes on the temperatures of wheels in railroad service', Journal of Engineering for Industry, pp. 32-36, 1980
- R. Lundn, 'Fatigue durability of tread-braked railway wheels―on admissible combinations of axle load, train speed and signalling distance', Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, pp.21-33, 1991
- ANSYS User Manual Ver. 5.3
- 김청균, 김기환, '고속전철용 레일-휠 접촉에서 응력분포에 관한 유한요소해석', 한국윤활학회지. Vol. 13 .NO. 3, pp. 93～101, 1997
- 'Procedure for the analytic evaluation of locomotive and freight car wheel designs', Association of American Railroads Mechanical Division, 1984
- 宮本俊光 , '線路', 山海堂, 1980
- 함영삼, '철도차량용 차륜의 부하시의 응력분포에 관한연구', 경희대학교, 석사논문, 1994.
- 대차 개발(1단계 보고서), 건설교통부, 1999.10,
- SEMELLE DE FREIN COMPOSITE IB 436-UIC541-4 ORGANIC BLOC FERODO IB 436-UIC541-4