- Volume 14 Issue 6
Linear transformation theory has been effectively used in the design and analysis of prestressed concrete structures. The underlying assumptions of the theory, which were often overlooked, are investigated in the respect of equivalent load method. As a result, it is found that the same equivalent loading system is produced for all the cases of the linear transformation by the assumptions of the conventional equivalent load method. On the other hand, equivalent loading systems in a strict and accurate sense do not satisfy the classical theories of the linear transformation. Also, it is shown that a little different equivalent loading system from the conventional one is obtained for each linear transformation according to the proposed equivalent load method that is derived from the self-equilibrium property of the tendon-induced forces. Therefore, it can be concluded that the linear transformation theory is valid only when referring to the conventional approximate equivalent load method. The discussions are further extended to the eccentrically located circumferential tendon in the wall of containment structures, where the problem of eccentricity is analyzed also from the view point of the linear transformation.
- Guyon, Y., "Prestressed Concrete," John Wiley& Sons, 1963.
- Oh, B. H. and Jeon, S. L., "Realistic Equivalent Load Methods in Prestressed Concrete Structures," KCI Concrete Journal, Vol. 13, No.1, Jan. 2001, pp.11-17.
- Oh, B. H. and Jeon, S. J., "Limitations and Realistic Application of Equivalent Load Methods in Prestressed Concrete Structures," Magazine of Concrete Research, Vol. 54, No.3, June 2002, pp.223-231. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.2002.54.3.223
- Kreyszig, E., "Advanced Engineeng Mathematics," 7th edition, John Wiley & Sons, 1993.
- Ghali, A., "CircuIar Storage Tanks and Silos," 2nd edition, E & FN Spon, 2000.
- "SAP2000 - Analysis Reference," Computers and Structures, Inc., 1995.
- Sprenger, W., and Wagner, W., "On the Formulation of Geomethcally Nonlinear 3D-Rebar-Elements Using the Enhanced Assumed Strain Method," Engineering Structures, Vol. 21, 1999, pp.209-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(97)00182-X
- Brondum-Nielsen, T., "Linear Transformation of Center of Gravity of Steel Line in Statically Indeterminate Prestressed Concrete Structures," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 89, No. 2, March-April 1992, pp.139-140.
- 신현묵, "프리스트레스트 콘크리트" 제4판, 동명사, 1999.
- Nawy, E. G., "Prestressed Concrete: A Fundamental Approach," Prentice Hall, 1989.
- (주)대우건설, 대림산업주식회사, "통영 생산기지 저장탱크 및 본설비공사 기술제의서(Technical Part)," 한국가스공사, 1999.
- Effect of the Prestressing Tendon Arrangement in the Wall of Circular Storage Tank vol.14, pp.5, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2002.14.5.759