- Volume 3 Issue 2
This paper considers the robust and optimal three-axis attitude stabilization of rigid spacecraft with inertia uncertainties. The attitude motion of rigid spacecraft described in terms of either the Cayley-Rodrigues parameters or the Modified Rodrigues parameters is considered. A class of robust nonlinear control laws with relaxed feedback gain structures is proposed for attitude stabilization of rigid spacecraft with inertia uncertainties. Global asymptotic stability of the proposed control laws is shown by using the LaSalle Invariance Principle. The optimality properties of the proposed control laws are also investigated by using the Hamilton-Jacobi theory. A numerical example is given to illustrate the theoretical results presented in this paper.
Spacecraft Attitude Control;Robust Control;Optimal Control
- Wie, B., Weiss, H., and Arapostathis, A., 1989, "Quaternion feedback regulator for spacecraft eigenaxis rotations," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 12, pp. 375-380. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20418
- Joshi, S. M., Kelkar, A. G., and Wen, J. T.-Y., 1995, "Robust attitude stabilization of spacecraft using nonlinear quaternion feedback," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 40, pp. 1800-1803. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.467669
- Gennaro, S. Di, 1995, "Adaptive robust stabilization of rigid spacecraft in presence of disturbances," Proceedings of the 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans, LA, 13-15 Dec., pp. 1147-1152.
- Karray, F. and Modi, V., 1995, "On the pointing robustness issue of a class of new generation spacecraft," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 40, pp. 2132-2137. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.478339
- Brockman, M. L. and Corless, M., 1998, "Quadratic boundedness of nominally linear systems," International Journal of Control, Vol. 71, pp. 1105-1117. https://doi.org/10.1080/002071798221506
- Shuster, M. D., 1993, "A survey of attitude representations," Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, Vol. 41, pp. 439-517.
- Marandi, S. R. and Modi, V., 1987, "A prefered coordinate system and the associated orientation representation in attitude dynamics," Acta Astronautica, Vol. 15, pp. 833-843. https://doi.org/10.1016/0094-5765(87)90038-5
- Slotine, J J E. and Benedetto, M. D. Di, 1990, "Hamiltonian adaptive control of spacecraft," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 35, pp. 848-852. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.57028
- Tsiotras, P., 1994, "New control laws for the attitude stabilization of rigid bodies," Proceedings of the 13th IFAC Symposium Automatic Control in Aerospace, Palo Alto, CA, 12-16 Sept., pp. 316-321.
- T siotras, P., 1996, "Stabilization and optimality results for the attitude control problem," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 19, pp. 772-779. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.21698
- Krstic, M. and Tsiotras, P., 1999, "Inverse optimal stabilization of a rigid spacecraft," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 44, pp. 1042-1049. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.763225
- Park, Y., Tahk, M. J, and Park, J, 2001, "Optimal stabilization of Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy systems with application to spacecraft control," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 24, pp. 767-777. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4777
- Moylan, P. J and Anderson, B.D.O., 1973, "Nonlinear regulator theory and an inverse optimal control problem," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 18, pp. 460-465. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1973.1100365
- Sepulchre, R., Jankovic, M., and Kokotovic, P. V., 1997, Constructive Nonlinear Control, Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Khalil, H. K., 1996, Nonlinear Systems, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ
- Wen, J T.-Y. and Kreutz-Delgado, K., 1991, "The attitude control problem," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 36, pp. 1148-1162. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.90228
- Anderson, B. D. O. and Moore, J. S., 1989, Optimal Control: Linear Quadratic Methods, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Rigid Body Inertia Estimation Using Extended Kalman and Savitzky-Golay Filters vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2002.3.2.001