- Volume 3 Issue 2
This paper describes attitude determination algorithm for the low earth orbit(LEO) spacecraft using stellar inertial sensors. The cascaded gyro/star tracker extended Kalman filter is constructed to fuse two sensor data. And then the smoothing of the measurement are proposed for an unreasonable jump of star tracker. The smoothing algorithm for the rejection of star tracker error jumps is designed by scalar adaptive filter. The proposed algorithms operate to process the measurement of gyro/star tracker Kalman filter, therefore, it is comparatively simple to apply these methods to other integration systems. Simulations to gyro/star tracker integrated system show that the proposed method is effective.
Scalar adaptive filter;Star tracker;Gyro;Extended Kalman filter;Attitude Determination
- Andy Wu, Douglas H.Hein, "Stellar Inertial Attitude Determination For LEO Spacecraft", Proceedings of the 35th Conference on Decision and Control Kobe, Japan, December, 1996
- Glenn Creamer, "Spacecraft Attitude Determination Using Gyros and Quaternion Measurements", Journal of the Astronautical Science, Vol 44, No.3, July-September, 1996, pp.357-371
- Tae-Gyoo Lee, Kwang-jin Kim, and Chang-He Je, "Smoothing and Prediction of Measurement in INS/GPS Integrated Kalman Filter", Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering, Vol 7, No. 11, November, 2001, pp.944-952
- Raman Mehra, Sanjeev Seereeram, David Bayard, and Fred Hadaegh, "Adaptive Kalman Filtering, Failure Detection and Identification for Spacecraft Attitude Estimation", IEEE, 1995, pp. 176-181
- E.J .Lefferts, F.L.Markley, M.D.Shuster, "Kalman Filtering for Spacecraft Attitude Estimation", Journal of Guidance and Control, Vol 4, Sept-Oct, 1982, pp.417-429.
- Oleg Salychev, "Inertial Systems in Navigation and Geophysics", Bauman MSTU Press Moscow, 1998