- Volume 3 Issue 1
Decentralized filtering for a formation flight instrumentation system by INS/GPS integration is considered in this paper. An elaborate tuning method of the measurement noise covariance is suggested to compensate modeling errors caused by decentralizing the extended Kalman filter. It does not require large data transfer between formation vehicles. Covariance analysis exhibits the superior performance of the proposed approach when compared with the existent decentralized filter and the global filter, which has the target-filter performance.
- Hummel, D., 1996, "The use of aircraft wakes to achieve power reduction in formation flight," Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development, AGARD-CP-584, 7 Rue Ancelie, 92200 Neuilly-Sur-Seine, France.
- Chichka, D. and Speyer, J, 1998, "Solar-powered, format ion-enhanced aerial vehicle systems for sustained endurance," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Philadelphia, PA, pp. 684-688.
- Buechler, D. and Foss, M.. 1987, "Integration of GPS and Strapdown inertial subsystems into a single unit," Journal of The Institute of Navigation, Vol. 34, No.2, pp. 140-159. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1987.tb01496.x
- Tazartes, D. A and Mark, J G., 1988, "Integration of GPS receivers into existing inert ial navigation systems," Journal of the Institute of Navigation, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 105-119. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1988.tb00943.x
- Johannessen, R. and Asbury, M. J, 1991, "Towards a quantitative assessment of benefit s INS/GPS integration can offer to civil aviation," Journal of the Institute of Navigation, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 329-346.
- Carva lho, H., Mora l, P. D., Monin, A., and Salut, G., 1997, "Optimal nonlinear filtering in GPS/lNS integration," IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 835-849. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.599254
- Farrell, J A, Givargis, T ., and Barth, M., 1999, "Differential carrier phase GPS-Aided INS for automotive applications," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 3660-3664.
- Olsen, E. A, Park, C. W., and How, J P., 1999, "3D formation flight using differential carrier-phase GPS sensors," Journal of Institute of Navigation, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 35-48 https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1999.tb02394.x
- Williamson, W., Min, J, Speyer, J L., and Farrell, J, 1999, "A comparison of state space, range space, and carrier phase differential GPS/lNS relative navigation," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Chicago, Illinois, pp. 2932-2938.
- Williamson,W., Rios,T., and Speyer, J L., 1999, "Carrier phase differential GPS/lNS positioning for formation flight," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, SanDiego, California, pp. 3665-3670.
- Ashtech Z-Surveyor Operation and Reference Manuals, 1997, Ashtech Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA
- Speyer, J L., 1979, "Computation and transmission requirement s for a decentralized linear-quadratic-Gaussian control problem," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, AC-24, pp. 266-269.
- Chang, T. S., 1980, "Comment s on 'Computation and transmission requirements for a decentralized linear-quadratic-Gaussian control problem," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, AC-25, pp. 609-610.
- Willsky,A. S., Bello,M.G., Castanon, D.A, Levy, B.C, and Verghese,G. C., 1982, "Combining and updating of local estimates and regional maps along sets of one-dimensional tracks," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, AC-27, pp. 799-813.
- Castanon, D. A., and Teneketzis, D., 1985, "Distributed estimation algorithm for nonlinear systems," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, AC-30, pp. 418-425.
- Carlson, N. A, 1990, "Federated square root filter for decentralized parallel processes," IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 26, pp. 517-525. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.106130
- Roy, S. and litis, R. A, 1991, "Decentralized linear estimation in correlated measurement noise," IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 27, pp. 939-941. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.104265
- Wei, M. and Schwarz, K. P., 1990, "A strapdown inertial algorithm using an earth-fixed cartesian frame," Navigation, Vol. 37, No.2, pp. 153-167. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1990.tb01544.x
- Siouris, G. M., 1993, Aerospace Avionics Systems: A Modem Synthesis., Academic Press, Inc.
- Farrell, J. A and Barth, M., 1999, The Global Positioning System & Inertial Navigation, McGraw-Hill.
- Maybeck, P. S., 1979, Stochastic Models, Estimation. and Control. Academic Press, Vol. 1.
- Maybeck, P. S., 1982, Stocbastic Models. Estimation. and Control, Academic Press, Vol. 2.
- Mclean, D., 1990, Automatic Flight Control Systems, Prentice Hall International Series in Systems and Control Engineering, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.