- Volume 3 Issue 1
A new co-evolutionary algorithm, of which the convergence speed is accelerated by neural networks, is proposed and verified in this paper. To reduce computational load required for co-evolutionary optimization processes, the cost function and constraint information is stored in the neural networks, and the extra offspring group, whose cost is computed by the neural networks, is generated. It increases the offspring population size without overloading computational effort; therefore, the convergence speed is accelerated. The proposed algorithm is applied to attitude control design of flexible satellites, and it is verified by computer simulations and experiments using a torque-free air bearing system.
- G.D.Martin, and A.E.Bryson Jr., "Attitude Control of a Flexible Spacecraft," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.1, No.1, pp.37-41, 1978.
- B.Wie, and A.E.Bryson Jr., "Pole-Zero Modeling of Flexible Space Structures," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.11, No.6, pp.554-561, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20352
- L.Meirovitch, H. Baruh, and H. Oz, "A Comparison of Control Techniques for Large Flexible Systems," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.6, No.4, pp.302-310, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.19833
- J.LJunkins, Z.H.Rahman, and H. Bang, "Near-Minimum-Time Control of Distributed Parameter Systems: Analytical and Experimental Results," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.14, No.2, pp.406-415, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20653
- J.Suk, J.Y.Moon, and Y.Kirn, "Torque-Shaping Using Trigonometric Series Expansion for Slewing of Flexible Structures," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.21, No.5, pp.698-703, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4314
- C.S.Park and M.J.Tahk, "A Co-evolutionary Minimax Solver and its Application to Autopilot Design," in Proc. AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Boston, USA, pp408-415, Aug. 1998.
- M.J.Tahk and B.C.Sun, "Coevolutionary Augmented Lagrangian Methods for Constrained Optimization," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.4, No.2, pp.114-124, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/4235.850652
- J.Hur, and M.J.Tahk, "Robust Flight Control Design Using Eo-evolution With Considerations of Design Constraints," 3rd Asian Control Conference, Shanghai, China, July 2000.
- T.Back, Evolutionary Algorithms in Theory and Practice, Oxford University Press, 1996.
- S.Haykin, Neural Networks-A Comprehensive Foundation, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, 1999
- C.S.Park, J.Hur, and M.J.Tahk, "Aircraft Control System Design Using Evolutionary Algorithm," Jornal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol.27, No.4, pp.104-114, June 1999.
- J.H.Kim, C.S.Park, and M.J.Tahk, "An Accelerated Co-evolutionary Algorithm Using Neural Networks," in Proc. jSASS 37th Aircraft Symposium, Tokyo, Japan, pp.717-720, Oct. 1999.
- J.Ljunkins, and Y.Kim, Introduction to Dynamics and Control of Flexible Structures, AIAA, Washington, DC, 1993.
- H.J.Buchanan, R.W.Schock, and H.B.Waites, "An On-orbit Experiment for Dynamic s and Control of Large Structures," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.7, No.5, pp.554-562, 1984. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.19894
- W.J.Larson, and J.R.Wertz, Space Mission Analysis and Design, 2nd ed., Kluwer Academic Publishers. 1992.