- Volume 3 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Conceptual Design of HAUSAT-1(CubeSat) Satellite
- Kim, Joon-Tae (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Space System Research Lab. Hankuk Aviation University) ;
- Kim, Young-Suk (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Space System Research Lab. Hankuk Aviation University) ;
- Seo, Seung-Won (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Space System Research Lab. Hankuk Aviation University) ;
- Kim, Young-Hyun (Department of Aerospace Engineering, Space System Research Lab. Hankuk Aviation University) ;
- Chang, Young-Keun (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Space System Research Lab. Hankuk Aviation University)
- Published : 2002.05.30
This paper addresses the conceptual design results of the HAUSAT-1 (Hankuk Aviation University SATellite-1), developed by Space System Research Lab. of Hankuk Aviation Univ., which is a new generation picosatellite. This project has been funded by Korean Government for the purpose of developing the space core technology. This is the first attempt at the level of university in Korea to develop the satellite weighing less than 1kg and accelerates opportunities with low construction, low launch cost space experiment platforms. The purpose of the HAUSAT-1 project is to offer graduate and undergraduate students great opportunities to be able to understand the design process of satellite development as a team member. Its mission objectives are to track its position by the GPS receiver system, to deploy the thin film solar cell panel to generate extra power, and to measure plasma density and temperature with the plasma sensor. The HAUSAT-1 will orbit at the altitude of 650 km with 65 degree inclination angle with 12 months of design mission life. It is planned to be launched on November 2003 by Russian launch vehicle "Dnepr".
- Robert J. Twiggs, Hank Herdt, Jordi Puig-Suari, Augustus S. Moore, Shinichi Nakasuka, "A new Generation of Picosatellite for Education and Industry Low-Cost Space Experimentation", AlAA/USU Small Satellite Conference Proceedings V-5, 2000.
- Robert J. Twiggs, Jordi Puig-Suari, "CubeSat Design Specification Document-Revision V", CalPoly, Stanford University, November, 2001.
- Yuichi Tsuda, Nobutaba Sako, Takashi Eishima, Takahiro Ito, Yoshihi sa Arikawa, Norihide Miyamura, Akira Tanaka, Shinichi Nakasuka, "University of Tokyo' s CubeSat Project-Its Educational and Technological Significance", AlAA/USU Small Satellite Conference Proceedings VIIIb-7, 2001
- Alan C. Tribble, "The Space Environment", Princeton University Press, 1995.
- Ryan Connolly, "The P-POD Payload Planer's Guide-Revision C, June 5, 2000.
- Peter C. Hughes, "Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics", John Wiley & Sons Inc., pp, 232-266, 1986.
- Marcel J. Sidi, "Spacecraft Dynamic s and Control", Cambridge University Press, pp. 126-129, 1997.
- David K. Cheng . "Field and Wave Electromagnetics", Addison-Wesley, pp. 283-289, 1983.
- Willey J. Larson, James R. Wertz, "Space Mission Analysis and Design", Space Technology Library, pp. 416-424, 1992.