- Volume 3 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Numerical Simulation of Shock Wave Reflecting Patterns for Different Flow Conditions
- Choi, Sung-Yoon (Department of Aerospace Engineering Pusan National University) ;
- Oh, Se-Jong (Department of Aerospace Engineering Pusan National University)
- Published : 2002.05.30
The numerical experiment has been conducted to investigate the unsteady shock wave reflecting phenomena. The cell-vertex finite-volume, Roe's upwind flux difference splitting method with unstructured grid is implemented to solve unsteady Euler equations. The
- Ben-Dar, Gabi, Shock Wave Reflection Phenomena, Springer-Verlag Inc., New York, 1992.
- Baum, J. D. and Lohner, R., "Numerical Simulation of Shock-Box Interaction Using an Adaptive Finite Element Scheme," AIAA Journal, Vol. 32, No.4, 1994, pp. 682-692. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.12041
- Choi, W. S., "Numerical analysis of steady, unsteady compressible flow fields using finite volume TVD schemes," Ph. D. Thesis, Postech, 1994.
- Yang, H., "Impingement of a Moving Shock Wave into a Cavity," Master Thesis, KAIST, 1998.
- Lohner, R.and Baum, J. D., "Numerical Simulation of shock Interaction with Complex Geometry Three-Dimensional Structures Using A New Adaptive H-Refinement Scheme on Unstructured Grids," AlAA paper 90-0700, 1990.
- Ivanov, M. S., Gimelshein, S. F. and Beylich, A. E., "Hysteresis effect in stationary reflection of shock waves," Phys. Fluids, Vol. 7, No.4, 1995, pp. 685-687. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.868591
- Anderson, J. D., Jr ., Modem Compressible Flow, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, 1990.
- Roe, P. L., "Characteristic Based Schemes for the Euler Equations," Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 18, 1986, pp. 337-365. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.18.010186.002005
- Fink, N. T., "Upwind Scheme for Solving the Euler Equations on Unstructured Tetrahedral Meshes," AIAA Journal, Vol. 30, No. 1, 1992, pp. 70-77. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.10884
- Anderson, W. K. and Lhaus, D., "An Implicit Upwind Algorithm Computing Turbulent Flows In Unstructured Grid," Computers and Fluids, Vol. 23, No. 1, 1994, pp. 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7930(94)90023-X
- Barth. T. J. and Jespersen, D. C, "The Design and Application of Upwind Scheme on Unstructured Meshes," AIAA paper 89-0366, 1989.
- Kozic, M. S. and Sredojevic, D., "Development of unstructured dynamic grids for solving unsteady two-dimensional Euler equations," The Aeronautical Journal, Vol. 102, No. 1014, 1998, pp. 195-200.
- Lohner R., "AN ADAPTIVE FINITE ELEMENT SCHEME FOR TRANSIENT PROBLEMS IN CFD," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 61, 1987, pp. 323-338. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(87)90098-3
- Pizadeh, S. Z.,"An Adaptive Unstructured Grid Method by Grid Subdivision, Local Remeshing, and Grid Movement," AIAA paper 99-3255, 1999.
- Ivanov, M. S., et. aI, "Numerical Analysis of Shock Wave Reflection Transition in Steady Flows," AIAA Journal, Vol. 36, No. 11, 1998, pp. 2079-2086. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.309
- Cho, K. H., "The Optimal shape design using adjoint method on unstructured meshes," Master Thesis, Pusan National University, 2000.
- Kim, S. H., "Numerical Simulation of Shock_Induced Combustion on Adaptive Unstructured Grid," Master Thesis, Pusan National University, 2001.