- Volume 5 Issue 2
The 48 years old female who complained of painful swelling with discharge on the medial end of the left clavicle which has been lasting 3 months. We experienced arare case of tuberculosis that involved only the clavicle without other involvement. Diagnostic disturbance delayed appropriate medical therapy, leading to development of a discharging sinus with secondary infection, which further confused pathologic feature. The ability of this disease to mimic many skeletal pathologies, this has to be included in the differential diagnosis, especially at unusual sites.
- Basanagoudoar PL, Gupta PN, bahadur R, Dhilon MS: Tuberculosis of the clavicle presenting as an expansile lytic lesion. a case report. Acta Orthop Belg, 12: 67(5):505-9, 2001.
- Fang JT, Huang CC, Liu HP: Apparent neoplasm of the clavicle of a dialysis patient, ultimately revealed as tuberculosis. Nephrol Dial Transplant, 11:1380-1382.1996. https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/11.7.1380
- Lafond EM: An analysis of adult skeletal tuberculosis. J Bone Joint Surg, 40-A: 346, 1958.
- Rasool MN, Goveader S: Infection of the clavicle in children. Clin Orthop, 265:178-182, 1991.
- Srivastava KK, Garg LD, Kochhar VL: Tuberculous osteomyelitis of the clavicle. Acta Orthop Scand, 45(5):668-72, 1974. https://doi.org/10.3109/17453677408989676
- Tuli SM, Sinha GP : Skeletal tuberculosis "Unusual" lesion. Indian J Orthop, 3:5-19, 1969.
- Yosef P Krespi, Edwin M, Monsell, George A, Szssion: Osteomyelitis of the clavicle. Ann Otol Rhinol, 92:526-527, 1983.
- 이갑영, 김학영, 이광진, 윤승호 : Disseminated bone tuberculosis. 대한정형외과학회지, 4:4669-673, 1979.
- 김원동 : 결핵의치료 . 대한의학협회지, 34:511, 1991.
- 양진석, 김승용, 한덕희, 한경아 : A case of Disseminated bone tuberculosis. 대한내과학회잡지, 42:5705-708, 1992.