- Volume 7 Issue 4
- Burton, F. L., Wastewater Engineering: Treatment, Disposal and Reuse, 3rd ed., McGraw-Hill, Singapore (1991).
- Alloway, B. J., Heavy Metals in Soils, 2nd ed., Chapman and Hall, Glasgow (1995).
- American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association, and Water Environment Federation, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th ed., Washington DC, USA (1998).
- Jung. M. C., Heavy Metal Contamination of Soils, Plants, Waters and Sediments in the Vicinity of Metalliferous Mines in Korea, Ph.D. thesis, Imperial College, University of London (1995).
- Chen, S.-Y. and Lin, J.-G., "Influence of solid content on bioleaching of heavy metals from contaminated sediment by Thiobacillus spp," J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 75, 649-656 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-4660(200008)75:8<649::AID-JCTB260>3.0.CO;2-F
- McGhee, T. J., Water Supply and Sewage, 6th ed., McGraw-Hill, Singapore (1991).
- Nemati, M. and Webb, C., "A kinetic model for biological oxidation of ferrous iron by Thiobacillus ferrooxidans," Biotechnol. Bioeng., 53, 478-485 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0290(19970305)53:5<478::AID-BIT5>3.0.CO;2-E
- Fowler, T. A. and Crundwell, F. K., "Leaching of zinc sulfide by Thiobacillus ferrooxidans: experiments with a controlled redox potential indicate no direct bacterial mechanism," Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 64, 3570-3575 (1998).
- U. S. EPA, Reference Manual for Analytical Methods for Water, Soil and Sludge, Method 3050B, Office of Research and Development, Washington DC, USA (1996).
- Costley, S. C. and Wallis, F. M., "Effect of disk rotational speed on heavy metal accumulation by rotating biological contactor (RBC) biofilms," Appl. Microbiol., 29, 401-405 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1472-765X.1999.00661.x
- Silverman, M. P. and Lundgren, D. G., "Studies on the chemoautotrophic iron bacterium Ferrobacillus ferrooxidans: I. An improved medium and a harvesting procedure for securing high cell yields," J. Bacteriol., 77, 642-647 (1959). https://doi.org/10.1002/path.1700770237
- Tyagi, R. D. and Couillard, D. "Bacterial Leaching of Metals from Sludge," Encyclopedia of Environmental Control Technology (vol. 3): Wastewater Treatment Technology, Cheremisnoff, P. N. (Ed.), Gulf Publishing Co., Huston, TX, pp. 557-591 ( 1989).
- Munoz, J. A., Ballester, A., Gonzalez, F., and Blazquez, M. L., "A study of the bioleaching of a Spanish uranium ore. Part II: Orbital shaker experiments," Hydrometallurgy, 38, 59-78 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-386X(94)00037-4
- Lizama, H. M. and Suzuki, I., "Interaction of chalcopyrite and sphalerite with pyrite during leaching by Thiobacillus ferrooxidans and Thiobacillus thiooxidans," Can. J. Microbiol., 37, 304-311 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1139/m91-047
- Jang, A., Immobilization and Solidification Technology for the Treatment and Reuse of Tailing Wastes at Closed Mine, Master thesis, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea (1997).
- D'Hughes, P., Cezac, P., Cabral, T., Battaglia, F., Truong-Meyer, X. M., and Morin, D., "Bioleaching of a cobaltiferous pyrite: a continuous laboratory-scale study at high solids concentration," Miner. Eng., 10, 507-527 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-6875(97)00029-0
- The effects of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans on the leaching of cobalt and strontium adsorbed onto soil particles vol.29, pp.4, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-007-9095-z