- Volume 15 Issue 3
Method for the Analysis of Polybrominated Biphenyls(PBBs) in Environmental Samples
환경시료 중 폴리브롬화비페닐(Polybrominated Biphenyls) 분석법
- Shin, S.K. (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Kim, T.S. (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Hwang, S.Y. (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, W.S. (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Chung, Y.H. (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Na, J.G. (National Institute of Environmental Research)
- 신선경 (국립환경연구원 환경위해성연구부 미량물질분석과) ;
- 김태승 (국립환경연구원 환경위해성연구부 미량물질분석과) ;
- 황승율 (국립환경연구원 환경위해성연구부 미량물질분석과) ;
- 이원석 (국립환경연구원 환경위해성연구부 미량물질분석과) ;
- 정영희 (국립환경연구원 환경위해성연구부 미량물질분석과) ;
- 나진균 (국립환경연구원 환경위해성연구부 미량물질분석과)
- Received : 2002.03.15
- Published : 2002.06.25
The extraction methods of PBBs from environmental samples by soxhlet extraction for solid phase and liquid-liquid extraction for liquid phase were compared. After extraction, silicagel and florisil as column clean up methods were used for the comparison of cleanup efficiency with different solvent system. Also, the analytical instruments were used GC/MSD. The 22 kinds of PBBs standards were used to establish the analytical methods to perform the experiments of recoveries and detection limits in water and soil. The detection limits of PBBs represented 5~10 ng/L for water and 0.5~3.5 ng/g for soil samples, respectively. The recoveries of water samples represented 96~107% in n-hexane, dichloromethane and toluene for water, and 60~80% in combined solvent with n-hexane and acetone. The recoveries of soil sample were surveyed 67~97% in soxhlet extraction and 64~76% in ultrasonic extraction with selected solvents.
- IPCS, Environmental Health Criteria 152 and 162, WHO Geneva, 1994.
- IPCS, Environmental Health Criteria 172. 'Tetrabromobisphenol A and Derivatives', WHO Geneva, 1995.
- 박정규외, 방염제의 환경위해성 평가 및 대응방안 연구, 한국환경정책.평가연구원, 2001
- Danish EPA, 'Action Plan for Brominated Flame Retardants', 2001.
- P. Eriksson, E. Jakobsson and A. Fredriksson, Organohalogen Compounds Vol. 35, 375-377(1998).
- B. Jansson, R. Andersson, L. Asplund, K. Litzen, K. Nylund, U. Sellstrom, U. B. Uvemo, C. Wahlberg, U. Wideqvist, T. Odsjo, and M. Osslon, Chlorinated and brominated persistent organic compounds in biologic al samples from the environment. Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 12(7), 1163(1993).
- K. R. Kim and H. Kim, Gas Chromatographic profiling and screening for phenols as isobutoxycarbonyl derivatives in aqueous samples, J. Chromatogr., a, 866, 87-96(2000).
- BSEF, 'An Introuduction to Brominated Flame Retardants', 2000.
- CIS Chem. Com.,'국내 난연제시장 및 환경규제 현황', 1997.
- IPCS, Environmental Health Criteria 192, 'Flame Retardants: A General Introduction', WHO Geneva, 1997.
- 장성기외, 브롬화 난연제의 특성 및 분석현황, 한국분석과학회, Vol. 14, No. 5. (2001).
- Swedish EPA, 'Brominated Flame Retardants', Report 5065, Stocholm, Sweden, 2000.
- 국립환경연구원, 환경 측정분석 기술 동향, 2001.
- H. Yamamoto, T. Okumura, Y. Nishikawa and H. Kinishi, Determination of decabromobiphenyl ether in water and sediment samples by gas chromatogra phy with electron capture detection. J.AOAC., 80, 102(1998).
- ICES, ACME Report, 'Polybrominated Biphenyls and Diphenylethers', 1999. (www.ices.dk/committe/acme/1999/99report/ann-4.pdf)
- U. Orn, E. Jakobsson, A. Bergman, Synthesis of some 14C-labelled brominated flame retardants. Organohal ogen Compounds, 35, 451(1998).
- Danish EPA, 'Brominated flame retardants : substance flow analysis and assessment of alternatives', 1999
- C. Thomsen, K. Janak, E. Lundanes, G. Becher, Determination of phenolic flame-retardants in human plasma using solid-phase extraction and gas chroma tography-electron-capture mass spectrometry, J. Chromatogr., b, 750, 1-11(2001).