- Volume 13 Issue 2
The control chart is widely used tool for monitoring of the process. This paper deals with an interpretation of the process capability index(PCI) and process performance index(PPI) when the control chart is used for monitoring of the process. The main difference between the PCI and PPI is how we did estimate the process deviation. The PCI uses the within process variation and the PPI uses the total process variation, which is conceptually defined as sum of between process variation and within process variation. Easy interpretations of the PCI and PPI for field engineers are described. And some new approaches to interpretation of the process capability and performance index may be useful in early stabilization of new process.
- STATISTICA를 활용한 통계적 품질관리 송문섭;남호수
불량률과 일치하는 공정능력지수
- Journal of Quality Technology v.20 A New Measure of Process Capability Chen, L.K.;Cheng, S.W.;Spiring, F.A.
- ASA Annual Meeting A Tutorial on Quality Control and Assurance -The Taguchi Methods Hsiang, T.C.;Taguchi, G.
- Quality Control Handbook (3rd ed.) Juran, J.M. (Ed.)
- Journal of Quality Technology v.18 Process Capability Indices Kane, V.E.
- Introduction to Statistical Quality Control Montgomery, D. C.
- STATISTICA System Reference StatSoft Inc.