- Volume 47 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of a Thin Layer Chromatography Experimental Kit for Middle School Students
중학생들을 위한 얇은막 크로마토그래피 실험 키트의 개발
- Jae Jeong Ryoo (Department of Chemistry Education, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Won-Kyu Park (Kyung-Won High School)
- Published : 2003.08.20
One of the most important characteristics in the seventh educational course is an enforcement of differentiated level curriculum. Therefore, development of various different level educational subjects is needed. A new chromatographic experimental kit which is helpful for middle school students to understand chromatographic principles is needed to correct some mistakes of chromatographic part within the 6th educational course's middle school textbook. In this research, a new thin layer chromatography(TLC) experimental kit for middle school students are developed by using acid-base indicator as samples and ethyl alcohol, ethylacetate, hexane as eluents. The kit is applied to two kinds of middle school student groups(general group & genius group) and two kinds of teacher groups(science teacher & non-science teacher) and an efficacy of the new chromatographic kits are evaluated through making up some questions.
TLC;Experimental Kit;Middle School Student
- 이돈희 외, 교육과정 2000연구 개발 - 초. 중등학교 교육과정체제 구조안, 한국교육개발원, 1996.
- 유준희 외, 제7차 교육과정 개정에 따른 과학과 수준별 교육과정 적용방안과 교수-학습 자료 개발 연구, 학교교육과정평가원, 1998.
- 류재정, 화학교육 1998, 25, 196-206.
- 이대운, 크로마토그래피, 대우학술총서 72, 민음사, 서울, 1991, p. 16.
- 김경례, 기체크로마토그래피, 자유아카데미, 서울, 2000, p 7.
- Robard, K; Haddad, P.R.; Jackson, P.E. Principles and Practice of Modern Chromatographic Methods; Academic Press; San Diego, USA, 1994, p 9.
- Braithwaite, A. Chromatographic Methods, 5th ed., Blackie Academic & Professional, 1996, p 40.
- The Merck Index; Susan Budavari, MERCK & CO., Inc., NJ, USA, 1996, p 1468.