- Volume 47 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Comparison between the Propagation of Uncertainty by GUM and Monte-Carlo Simulation
측정 불확도 표현 지침서(GUM)와 Monte-Carlo Simulation에 의한 불확도 전파 결과의 비교 연구
- Jungkee Shu (Division of Chemical Metrology and Materials Evaluation, Korea Research Insititute fo Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Hyungsik Min (Division of Chemical Metrology and Materials Evaluation, Korea Research Insititute fo Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Minsu Park (Department of Environment Engineering, Daejeon University) ;
- Jin-Chun Woo (Division of Chemical Metrology and Materials Evaluation, Korea Research Insititute fo Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Jongsang Kim (Department of quality management Korea Institute of Construction Materials)
- 서정기 (한국표준과학연구원 물량표준부) ;
- 민형식 (한국표준과학연구원 물량표준부) ;
- 박민수 (대전대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 우진춘 (한국표준과학연구원 물량표준부) ;
- 김종상 (한국건자재시험연구원 품질경영부)
- Published : 2003.02.20
The expanded uncertainties calculated by the application of GUM -approximation and Monte-Carlo simulation were compared about the model equation of one-point calibration which is widely used for the measurements and chemical analysis. For the comparisons, we assumed a set of artificial data at the various level of concentration and dispersion of t or normal distribution. Mistakes of more then 50 % was revealed at the values calculated by GUM-approximation in comparison with those of Monte-Carlo simulation because of the excess dispersion from t-distribution and non-linearity by division in the equation. In contrary, the mistake of calculation due to non-linearity of the equation was not observed in the level of detection limits with the equation of one-point calibration, because of the relatively large values of uncertainty in response.
Chemical Analysis;One-point Calibration;GUM;Monte-Carlo Simulation;Expanded Uncertainty
- Grundlagan der Messtechnik, 1999, DIN 1319-4.
- 측정불확도 표현 지침, 1999, KRISS-99-070-SP, 한국표준과학연구원.
- Quantifying Uncertainty in Analytical Measurements, EURACHEM, 1995.
- Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurements, 1993, ISO, Geneva.
- PUMA, 불확도 계산 컴퓨터 보조 프로그램, 2002, Version 2, KISCOM.
- Advanced Mathematical & Computational Tools in Metrology v, Series on Advances in Mathatics for applied Science, P. Ciarlini et al, Ed, 2001, Vol. 57, p 93, WSP Co., Singapore.
- Guidelines for Evaluating and Expressing the Uncertainty of NIST Measurement Results, NIST, 1993, Technical Note 1297, NIST.