- Volume 47 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Science Achievement Faculties Improvements in High School Inquiry Chemistry Experiments
탐구 화학 실험을 통한 고등학교 학생들의 과학 성취도 향상에 관한 연구
- Choonpyo Hong (Department of Chemistry Education, Kongju National University) ;
- Yongyeon Kim (Department of Chemistry Education, Kongju National University)
- Published : 2003.10.20
In this study, the effects of science achievement faculties improvements upon students' logical thinking, science inquiry skills, experiment attitudes, manipulated skills and inquiry process skills were investigated in high school inquiry chemistry experiments. For this purpose, the participants were 150 students taking the course of high school chemistry class in Anyang-city. Logical thinking and science inquiry skills' data were collected from written tests, inquiry process skills' data were collected from reports and experiment attitudes and manipulated skills' data were collected from classroom observations. As the results of this study, students' inquiry process skills, experiment attitudes and manipulative skills were very low. But other parts except inquiry process skills were significantly increased. And the science achievement of students were improved when continuously inquiry chemistry experiment were applied to students.
Science Achievement Faculty;Manipulated Skills;Experiment Attitude;Inquiry Process Skills;Inquiry Chmistry Expreiments
- 국립 교육 평가원, 대학 수학능력시험 실험평가 문제집, 1992.
- Comber, L.; Keeves, J. P. Science education in nineteen countries, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1973.
- Choi, B. S.; Heo, M. J. Kor. Assoc. Res. Sci. Educ. 1987, 7(1), 19-32.
- Woo, J. O.; Kim, J. I. J. Kor. Assoc. Res. Sci. Educ.1993, 13(2), 296-307.-
- So, W. J.; Woo, J. O. J. Kor. Assoc. Res. Sci. Educ. 1994, 14(3), 312-320.
- 강순희; 박종윤; 최병순 우수 과학교사 양성을 위한 탐구적 일반화학 실험서 개발, 교육부, 1996.
- Lee, J. K. The Development of a Test of Science Inquiry Skills for High School Students, M. Ed. Thesis, Korea National University of Education, 1988.
- Kim, Y. Y. The Development of Rubrics for the Inquiry-Based Experiments of General Chemistry, M. Ed. Thesis, Ewha Womans University, 1999.
- Al Busaidi, R. S.; Allsop, R. T.; Lock, R. J. International Journal of Science Education, 1992, 14(3), 319-330. https://doi.org/10.1080/0950069920140308
- Choi, Y. J.; Choi, B. S.; Lee, W. S. J. Kor. Assoc. Res. Sci. Educ. 1985, 7(1), 19-32.
- ASE, Science Teschers' Handbook. Hutchinson, London, U. K. 1986.
- Kang, S. W.; Woo, J. O. J. Kor. Assoc. Res. Sci. Educ. 1995, 15(4), 404-416.
- Tobin, K. G.; Capie, W. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 1982, 19(2), 113-121. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660190203
- Choi, B. S.; Nam, J. H. Chem. Educ. 1995, 23(13), 136-143.
- Jacobson, W. J.; Doran, R. Teachers Collage, Columbia University, New york, 1991.
- 문수한; 이동길; 이형기; 김경호; 김주훈; 문찬호; 이규석; 이범홍; 최돈형 고등학교 과학과 교육과정 해설; 대한교과서(주), 서울, 1995,34-37.
- Meng, E.; Doran, R. The Science Teacher, 1990, 28(1), 42-45.
- Cha, E. K. Improvement of Science Process Skills According to the Cognitive Levels of Students in General Chemistry Experiments, M. Ed. Thesis, Korea National University of Education, 1999.
- Min, H. Y. Analysis of the Relationship between Cognitive Levels and Achievement of Science Process Skills by Practical Assessment, M. Ed. Thesis, Korea National University of Education, 1997.
- Jeong, K. S.; Heo, M. J. Kor. Assoc. Res. Sci. Educ. 1993, 13(2), 146-151.
- Ben-Zvi, R.; Hofstein, A.; Samuel, D.; Kempa, R. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 1977, 14(5), 433-439. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660140507
- Lee, J. Y. A Study on Development of Special Assessment Criteria and Scale For the Inquiry-Oriented General Chemistry Laboratory Report. M. Ed. Thesis, Ewha Womans University, 1997.
- 교육부, 고등학교 과학교육의 실태 분석과 진흥 방안 및 점검 체제 연구, 1986
- Kim, S. W. A Study of Causal Relationship on Science Process Skills and Students' Characteristics by Covariance Structural Analysis, Ph. D. Dissertation, Korea National University of Education, 1996.
- Choi, B. S.; Kim, D. C.; Nam, J. H. Chem. Educ. 1993, 20(1), 17-20.
- Robinson, J. American Biology Teacher, 1969, 31(3), 236-240. https://doi.org/10.2307/4442510
- Greig, J.; Wise, N.; Lomark, M. Annual meeting of the American educational research association, New Orleans, 1994, 368-793
- Timir, P.; Glassman, F, A. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 1971, 8(4), 307-315. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660080403
- Abruscato, J. Teaching children science. Englewood Cliffs, N. J. Prentice-Hall, Inc, 1982.
- Nam, J. H. The Construction of Assessment of Students' Skills in Chemystry Experiment, Ph. D. Dissertation, Korea National University of Education, 1996.
- Baxter, G. P.; Glodman, S. R.; Pine, J. Journal of Educational Measurement, 1992, 29, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-3984.1992.tb00364.x
- Lazarowitz, R.; Tamir, P. Handbook of research on science teaching and learning, Macmillan Publishing Company, New York, 1993.
- M. Ed. Thesis, Korea National University of Education The Development of a Test of Science Inquiry Skills for High School Students Lee, J. K.
- M. Ed. Thesis, Ewha Womans University The Development of Rubrics for the Inquiry-Based Experiments of General Chemistry Kim, Y. Y.
- M. Ed. Thesis, Korea National University of Education Improvement of Science Process Skills According to the Cognitive Levels of Students in General Chemistry Experiments Cha, E. K.