- Volume 25 Issue 2
We propose a new serial concatenation scheme for space-time and recursive convolutional codes, in which a space-time code is used as the outer code and a single recursive convolutional code as the inner code. We discuss previously proposed serial concatenation schemes employing multiple inner codes and compare them with the new one. The proposed method and the previous one with joint decoding, both performing a combined decoding of the simultaneous output signals from multiple antennas, give a large performance gain over the separate decoding method. In decoding complexity, the new concatenation scheme has a lower complexity compared with the multiple encoding/joint decoding scheme due to the use of the single inner code. Simulation results for a communication system with two transmit and one receive antennas in a quasi-static Rayleigh fading channel show that the proposed scheme outperforms the previous schemes.
- Wireless Personal Communications v.6 On Limits of Wireless Communications in a Fading Environment When Using Multiple Antennas Foschini, G.J.;Gans, M.J.
- IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory Space-Time Codes for High Data Rate Wireless Communication: Performance Criteria and Code Construction Tarokh, V.;Seshadri, N.;Calderbank, A.R.
- Turbo Coding Heegard, C.;Wicker, S.B.
- IEEE Commun. Lett. v.4 no.7 Improved Space-Time Codes Using Serial Concatenation Lin, X.;Blum, R.S.
- Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM'00 Recursive Space-Time Codes for Turbo-Coded Modulation Tujkovic, D.
- Electron. Lett. v.38 no.4 MIMO Iterative Decoding of Serial Concatenation Using Space-Time Trellis Codes Yim, E.J.;Kim, D.K.;Song, H.Y.
- IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory v.IT-20 Optimal Decoding of Linear Codes for Minimizing Symbol Error Rate Bahl, L.;Cocke, J.;Jelinek, F.;Raviv, J.
- Proc. IEEE ICC A Comparison of Optimal and Sub-Optimal MAP Decoding Algorithms Operating in the Log Domain Robertson, P.;Villebrun, E.;Hoeher, P.
- IEEE J. Selec. Areas Commun. v.19 no.5 Turbo-Coded Modulation for Systems with Transmit and Receive Antenna Diversity over Block Fading Channels: System Model, Decoding Approaches, and Practical Considerations Stefanov, A.;Duman, T.M.
- Serial Concatenation of Interleaved Codes: Performance Analysis, Design, and Iterative Decoding, TDA progress report 42-126 Benedetto, S.;Divsalar, D.;Montorsi, G.;Pollara, F.