- Volume 25 Issue 2
A Probabilistic Network for Facial Feature Verification
- Choi, Kyoung-Ho (Spatial Information Technology Center, ETRI) ;
- Yoo, Jae-Joon (Spatial Information Technology Center, ETRI) ;
- Hwang, Tae-Hyun (Spatial Information Technology Center, ETRI) ;
- Park, Jong-Hyun (Spatial Information Technology Center, ETRI) ;
- Lee, Jong-Hoon (Spatial Information Technology Center, ETRI)
- Received : 2002.09.30
- Published : 2003.04.30
In this paper, we present a probabilistic approach to determining whether extracted facial features from a video sequence are appropriate for creating a 3D face model. In our approach, the distance between two feature points selected from the MPEG-4 facial object is defined as a random variable for each node of a probability network. To avoid generating an unnatural or non-realistic 3D face model, automatically extracted 2D facial features from a video sequence are fed into the proposed probabilistic network before a corresponding 3D face model is built. Simulation results show that the proposed probabilistic network can be used as a quality control agent to verify the correctness of extracted facial features.
- Rapid Modeling of Animated Faces From Video, Technical Report MSR-TR-2000-11 Zicheng Liu;Zhengyou Zhang;Chuck Jacobs;Michael Cohen
- IEEE Trans. on CSVT v.12 no.3 3-D Facial Model Estimation From Single Front-View Facial Image Kuo, C.J.;Huang, R.S.;Lin, T.G.
- IEEE Int'l Symp. on Circuits and Systems 3D Talking Head Customization by Adapting a Generic Model to One Uncalibrated Picture Andres del Valle, Ana C.;Ostermann, Jorn
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence Russell, S.;Norvig, P.
- ETRI J. v.24 no.1 Multimodal Approach for Summarizing and Indexing News Video Kim, Jae-Gon;Chang, Hyun-Sung;Kim, Young-Tae;Kang, Kyeong-Ok;Kim, Mun-Churl;Kim, Jin-Woong;Kim, Hyung-Myung
- ETRI J. v.23 no.2 Efficient Iris Recognition through Improvement of Feature Vector and Classifier Lim, Shin-Young;Lee, Kwang-Yong;Byeon, Ok-Hwan;Kim, Tai-Yun
- Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition Tracking Facial Features Using Probabilistic Network Hai Tao;Lopez, R.;Huang, Thomas
- Proc. of IEEE Int'l Conf. on Auto. Face and Gesture Recognition A Probabilistic Framework for Perceptual Grouping of Features for Human Face Detection Yow, K.C.;Cipolla, R.
- Anthropometry of the Head and Face Farkas, Lesilie G.
- ISO/IEC FDIS 14496-2 Visual, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 N2502
- Psychological Image Collection at Stirling (PICS)
- IEEE Int'l Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing A Real-Time System For Automatic Creation of 3D Face Models from a Video Sequence Choi, K.H.;Hwang, Jenq-Neng