- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effect of Yeast Chromium and L-carnitine on Lipid Metabolism of Broiler Chickens
- Wang, Jundong (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shanxi Agricultural University) ;
- Du, Rong (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shanxi Agricultural University) ;
- Qin, Jian (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shanxi Agricultural University) ;
- Wang, Shaolin (College of Veterinary Medicine., Chinai Agricultural University) ;
- Wang, Wenkui (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shanxi Agricultural University) ;
- Li, Hongquan (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shanxi Agricultural University) ;
- Pang, Quanhai (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shanxi Agricultural University)
- Received : 2003.05.29
- Accepted : 2003.08.22
- Published : 2003.12.01
Broiler Chickens;Cooperative Effect;Lipid Metabolism;L-carnitine;Yeast Chromium
Supported by : Shanxi National Natural Science Foundation
- Bian, J. C., Y. W. Xiang and X. X. Yang. 1997. Effect of Cr on thyroid hormone and cyclic nucliotide in rats with myocardial damage. Acta Nutrimenta Sinica, 19:465-467.
- Hossain, S. M., S. L. Barreto and C. G. Silva. 1998. Growth performance and carcass composition of broilers fed supplemental chromium from chromium yeast. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 71:217-228.
- Kim, S. W., I. K. Han and Y. J. Choi. 1995. Effects of chromium picolinate on growth performance, carcass composition and serium traits and mortality rate of brow layers. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 8:463-470.
- Lien, T. F., C. P. Wu and J. J. Lu. 2003. Effect of code liver oil and chromium picolinate supplementation on the serum traits, egg yolk fatty acids and cholesterol content in layer hens. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:1177-1181.
- Page, T. G., L. L. Southern, T. L. Ward and D. L. Thompson. 1993. Effect to chromium picolinate on growth and serum and carcass traits of growing finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 71:656-662.
- Wang, D. L., M. H. Zhang and R. Du. 1999. Effect of dietary Cr level on growth performance, immune function and carcass fat content of broilers. Acta Zoonutrimenta Sinica, 11:19-23.
- Yin, J. D., G. H. Qi and Q. G. Hu. 2000. Advances in modulation of lipid metabolism in poultry. Acta Zoonutrimenta Sinica, 12:1-7.
- Guo, Y. L., X. G. Luo and Z. L. Hao. 1999. Effect of Cr on growth performance, serum biochemical traits, immune function and carcass quality of broiler chickens. Scientia Agricultura Sinica. 32:79-86.
- Zhou, J. H. and D. S. Liu. 1996. Effect of L-carnitine on the growth and fat metabolism in rats. Acta Nutrimenta Sinica, 18:209-212.
- Amoikon, E. K., J. M. Fernandez, L. L. Southern, D. L. Thompson, T. L. Ward and B. M. Olcott. 1995. Effect of chromium tripicolinate on growth, glucose to lerance, insulin .sensitivity, plasma metabolites, and growth hormone in pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 73:1123-1130.
- Bunting, L. D., J. M. Fernandez, D. L. Thompson and L. L. Southern. 1994. Influence of chromium picolinate on glucose usage and metabolic criteria in growing holstein calves. J. Anim. Sci. 72:1591-1599.
- Lee, D. N., F. Y. Wu and Y. H. Cheng. 2003. Effects of dietary chromium picolinate supplementation on growth performance and immune responses of broilers. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:227-233.
- Qi, S. Z. 1988. Animal biochemistry, Second edition, China Agricultural Press, Beijing.
- Nam, K. T., H. Y. Lee, C. W. Kang and I. J. Yoo. 1996. The effect of dietary chromium (Cr) on broiler chicks under heat stress. Proceedings World’s Poultry Congress. New Delhi. India. 2:2-5.
- Ward, T. L., L. L. Southern and S. L. Bolemon. 1994. Effect of dietary chromium picolonate on growing broiler chickens. Poult. Sci. 72 (suppl.1):37.
- Kim, J. D., I. K. Han and B. J. Chae. 1997. Effects of dietary chromium picolinate supplementation on performance of broilers fed different levels of crude protein. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 10:1-7.
Lien, T. F. and Y. M. Horng. 2001. The effect of supplementary dietary L-carnitine on the growth performance,serum components,carcass traits and enzyme activities in relation to fatty acid
$\beta$-oxidaxion of broiler chickens. Br. Poult. Sci. 42:92-95.
- Han, I. K. and J. H. Kin. 1998. The role of carnitine in early weaned piglet. Proceedings of International conference on pig production. Beijing, 9-16.
- Mertz, W. 1993. Chromium in human nutrition. A review. J. Nutr. 123:626-627.
- Rabie, M. H. and M. Szilagyi. 1998. Effects of L-carnitine supplementation of diets differing in energy levels on performance, abdominal fat content,and yield and composition of edible meat of broilers. Br. J. Nutr. 80:391-400.
- Wang, Y. Z., Z. R. Xu and M. L. Chen. 2000. Effect of betaine on carcasss fat metabolism of meat duck. Chin. J. Vet. Sci. 20: 409-412.