- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Phenotypic and Genetic Parameters for Inosine Acid in Relation to Carcass and Meat Quality Traits in Pigs
- Jiang, X.P. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University) ;
- Liu, G.Q. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University) ;
- Xiong, Y.Z. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University) ;
- Ding, J.T. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University) ;
- Xie, K.Z. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University) ;
- Zhang, J.Q. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University) ;
- Zuo, B. (College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University)
- Received : 2002.03.12
- Accepted : 2002.10.16
- Published : 2003.02.01
A total of 135 F2 finishing pigs (65 barrows and 69 gilts) from resource population (Large White
Heritability;Phenotypic Correlation;IMP;Meat Quality;Carcass Quality
Supported by : Yangzhou University
- B8467-87. 1988. Performance Measurement Technology Regulations for Chinese Lean Pig. Chinese Standard Press, Beijing.
- Heath, H. B. and Reineccius. 1986. Flavor chemistry and technology. AVI publishing company, Inc.
- Li, X. B. (translation in Chinese). 1995. Original edited by Shette. New feedstuff additive betaine. Anim. Sci. Technol. 22(3):2-3.
- Larzul C., L. Lefaucheur and P. Ecolan et al. 1997. Phenotypic and genetic parameters for longissimus muscle fiber characteristics in relation to growth, carcass, and meat quality traits in Large White pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 75:3126-3137.
- Su, S. Z. 1997. Study on inosine acid content in several pig breeds. J. Anim. Sci. (China) 4:13-15.
- Folch, J., M. Lee and G. H. 1957. Sloane Stanley. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissue. J. Bio. Chem. 226:497-504.
- Miller, R. L. and A. L. Bieber. 1968. Purification and properties of inosine monophosphate: pyrophosphate phosphoribosyltransferase (EC 22.214.171.124) from brewers yeast. Biochem. 7(4):1420-1426. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi00844a026
- Li, H. F., G. H. Chen, X. S. Wu, X. Y. Zhang, K. W. Chen, D. W. Zhao, T. Y. Di and Z. L. Wu. 2000. Studies on change rule and correlation of plasma alkaline phosphatase level and muscle fat content in Silkies. J. Agric. Res. 21(1):37-40.
- Gandemer G., V. Michele, J. C. Caritez and C. Legault. 1992. Lipid composition of adipose tissue and muscle in pigs with an increasing proportion of Meishan genes. Meat Sci. 32:105-121 https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(92)90020-5
- Yen, N. T., C. Tai, Y. S. Cheng and M. C. Huang. 2001. Relative genetic effects of Duroc and Taoyun breeds on the economic traits of their hybrids. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:447-454. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2001.447
- Tullson, P. C. and R. L. Terjung. 1999. IMP degradative capacity in rat skeletal muscle fiber types. Mol. Cell. Biochem. 199:111-117. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006924318114
- Davidek J. and AW. Khan. 1967. Estimation of inosinic acid in chicken muscle and its formation and degradation during post mortem aging. J. Food Sci. 32:155-159. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1967.tb01282.x
- Wang, Y. Z., Z. R. Xu and J. Feng. 2000. Study on the effect of Betaine on meat quality and its mechanism in finishing pig. Sci. Agric. Sinic. 33:94-99.
- Barton-Grade, P. A. 1987. Meat and fat quality in boars, castrates and gilts. Livest. Prod. Sci. 16:187-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-6226(87)90019-4
- Larzul C., L. Lefaucheur and P. Ecolan. 1997. Phenotypic and genetic parameters for Longissimus muscle fiber characteristics in relation to growth, carcass, and meat quality traits in large white pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 75:3126-3137. https://doi.org/10.2527/1997.75123126x
- Chow, I. S. and Jacobson. 1968. M. Inosine monophosphate, inosine and hypoxanthine in meat from broiler 5,7 and 9 weeks of age. Poult. Sci. 47:604-609. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0470604
Norman, B., R. L. Sabina and E. Jansson. 2001. Regulation of skeletal muscle ATP catabolism by
$AMPD_1$genotype during sprint exercise in asymptomatic subjects. J. Appl. Physiol. 91: 258-64. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2001.91.1.258
- Ye, C. Y., Z. P. Liu and S. Sun. 1999. A study on the amount of inosinic acid in the muscle of Songhuajiang River Carps and the meat keeping time. Aquatic sci. 14(5):15-17.
- Khan, A. W., J. Davidek and C. P. Lentz. 1968. Degradation of inosinic acid in chicken muscle during aseptic storage and its possible use an index of quality. J. Food Sci. 33:25-29. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1968.tb00877.x
- Lawrie, R. A. Meat science, 1991. 5th Ed. Pergamon press, Oxford, UK.
- Shun, Y. M. and M. Luo. 1991. Livestock and poultry meat science. Shandong Science and Technology Press. Jinan.
- Xiong, Y. Z. 1999. Pig Biochemical and Molecular Genetics Manual. China Agricultural Press. Beijing.
- Su, S. Z. 1991. Study on inosine acid content in quail muscle and the meat keeping time. J. Anim. Sci. Vet. Med. 22:101-105.
- Effect of β-glucosidase on the meat quality and digestibility in broilers vol.96, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0396.2011.01148.x