- Volume 15 Issue 4 Serial No. 65
Most engineers tend to rely on their intuition or existing data in formulating structural design or preliminary estimate of various conditions. Because of these variations, the artificial neural network is used as an alternative design model of the warren truss since it can handle uncertainty through the probability method. This research validated the approximate structural design model of the warren truss, with its proper parameter values of the neural network and design process falling within 10 percent torrence of the different designs that resulted between this model and the MIDAS program. The suggested model for the process was adapted for the truss design using the member section table, while time saving and efficiency are based on the allowed range of torrence.
- Neural Networks : Algorithms, Applications, and Programming Techniques Freeman, J.A.;Skapura, D.M.
- MIDAS/Gen User's Manual (주)포스마이다스
- Analysis and Applications of Artificial Neural Networks Veelenturf, L.P.J.
- 33rd SDM Conf. Comparison of polynomial approximations and artificial neural nets for response surfaces in engineering optimization Carpenter, W.C.;Barthelemy, J.F.M.
- Introduction to Artificial Neural Systems Zurada, J.M.
- 한국전산구조공학회 논문집 v.10 no.2 신경망을 이용한 근시해석 모델의 원형 개발 이승창;박승권;이병해
- NATO/AGARD Advanced Study Institute v.23(I-II) Applications of neural nets in structural optimization Berke, L.;Hajela, P.
- J. of Computing in Civil Engineering, ASCE v.8 no.2 Simulating Structural Analysis with Neural Network Rogers, J.L.
- Computing systems in engineering v.3 Neural networks in structural analysis and design : an overview Hajela, P.;Berke, L.