- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Determination of the Amino Acid Requirements and Optimum Dietary Amino Acid Pattern for Growing Chinese Taihe Silky Fowls in Early Stage
- Li, Guanhong (College of Animal Science and Technology, Jiangxi Agricultural University) ;
- Qu, Mingren (College of Animal Science and Technology, Jiangxi Agricultural University) ;
- Zhu, Nianhua (College of Animal Science and Technology, Jiangxi Agricultural University) ;
- Yan, Xianghua (College of Animal Science, Zhejiang University)
- Received : 2002.04.02
- Accepted : 2003.07.14
- Published : 2003.12.01
A mathematical model has been constructed to estimate the amino acid requirements for growing Taihe silky fowls in early stage. A requirement was taken as the sum of the needs for maintenance, for gain in carcass weight without feathers, and for the feathers. The maintenance requirement was considered to be the sum of the needs for replacing skin and intestinal losses and for the obligatory creatinine excretion in the urine. A comparative slaughter trial and nitrogen balance trials with growing and adult Taihe silky fowls, respectively, were conducted to estimate the parameters in the model. The amino acid requirements were then calculated with the constructed models. The results showed as following: the replacement needs for skin nitrogen loss was determined at 213.41 mg/d for adult male fowls (body weight 1.60 kg); creatinine excretion in these birds was 4.04 mg/d. when fed an nitrogen-free diets, the adult male fowls with body weight 1.60 kg excreted a total of 246.10 mg/d endogenous nitrogen. The net protein requirement for maintenance was estimated at
Taihe Silky Fowls;Amino Acids;Requirements;Model;Pattern
- Hurwitz, S. and S. Bornstin. 1973. The protein and amino acid requirement of laying hens: suggested models for calculation. Poult. Sci. 52:1124-1134.
- Hurwitz, S., Y. Frisch, A. Bar, U. Eisner, I. Bengal and M. Pines. 1983. The amino acid requirements of growing turkeys: 1. Model construction and parameter estimation. Poult. Sci. 62:22.8-2217.
- Ji, C., G. F. He and L. M. Ding. 1999. Study on ideal protein pattern for layers. Journal of China Agricultural University (in Chinese), 4(1):97-101.
- Kim, J. H., W. T. Cho, C. J. Yang, C. J. Shin and I. K. Han. 1997a. Partition of amino acids requirement for maintenance and growth of broilers: I. Lysine. Ausian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 10:178-184.
- Lewis, A. J., E. R. Jr. Peo, P. J. Cunningham and B. D. Moser. 1977. Determination of the optimum dietary proportions of lysine a try top of the growing rats based on growth, food intake and plasma metabolites. J. Nutri. 107:1361-1368.
- Zhang, S. Z., C.Y. Bao and C. R. Shao. 1995. Study on the dietary nutrients level of silky fowls. Journal of Jiangsu Agricultural Science (in Chinese) (1):57-63.
- Cheng, Z. L. and K. N. Wang. 1999. Ideal amino acid pattern of monogastric animals. Feed World (in Chinese). 11 (8):8-10.
- Fisher, C. and T. R. Morris. 1970. The determination of the methionine requirement of laying pullets by a diet dilution technique. Br. Poult. Sci. 11:67-82.
- He, Y. 1993. Optimal dietary amino acid pattern. Journal of Sichuan Agricultural University (in Chinese), 11:203-208.
- Lei, S. R., M. B. Hu and L. Luo. 1997. The measurement of tryptophan in feedstuffs. Feed Industry (in Chinese). 18 (12):31-32.
- Baker, D. H. and Y. Han. 1994. Ideal amino acid profile for chicks during the first three weeks posthatching. Poult. Sci. 73:1441-1447.
- Williams, A. and Dulley-Cash. 1998. Application of ideal amino acid profile for formulation examined. Feedstuffs, (1):10-11, 18.
- Williams, H. H., L. V. Curtin, J. Abraham, J. K. Loosli and L. A. Maynard. 1954. Estimation of growth requirements for amino acids by assay of the carcass. J. Biol. Chem. 208:277-286.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- Yin, Q. Q. and Y. W. Han. 1995. The optimum dietary amino acid pattern and requirement for young laying hens. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Science (in Chinese) 15 (4):398-402.
- Herger, J. 1989. Efficiency of utilization of amino acid. In: Absorption and Utilization of Amino Acids (Ed. J. Friedman). CRC Press, Boca. Raton, F.L., p. 31.
- Narayanan, S. and H. D. Appelton. 1980. Creatinine: a review. Clin. Chem. 26:1119-1126.
- Combs, G. F. 1964. Predicting amino acid requirements of chicks based on growth rate, body size and body composition. Fed. Proc. 23:46-51.
- Block, R. S. and K. W. Weiss. 1956. Amino acid Handbook. C. C. Thomas Publisher, Springfield, p. 278.
- D’Mello, T. P. F. and D. Lewis. 1970. Amino acid interactions in chick nutrition. 3. Interdependance in amino acid requirements. Br. Poult. Sci. 11:367-385.
- Zhen, C. T. and D. F. Li. 1999. The amino acid requirements of chicks and pigs and their ideal amino acid patterns. China Feed (in Chinese) (22):20-22.
- Hurwitz, S., I. Plavnik, I. Bartov and S. Bornstein. 1980a. The amino acid requirements of chicks: Experimental validation of model-calculated requirements. Poult. Sci. 59:2470-2479.
- SAS. 1999. SAS/STAT User’s Guide: Version 8.00th edn. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, North Carolina.
- He, J. H., K. N. Wang, K. R. Chen and F. Yang. 1996. A study on amino acid requirement for ducklings. Acta Veterinaria et Zootechnica Sinica (in Chinese), 27 (2):105-123.
- Hurwitz, S., D. Sklan and I. Bartov. 1978. New formal approaches to the determination of energy and amino acid requirements of chicks. Poult. Sci. 57:197-205.
- Chen, N. and C. Zheng. 1997. Study on dietary energy and protein level of staring Taihe chickens. Journal of Southern China Agricultural University (in Chinese), 18 (suppl.):19-24.
- Mitchell,H. H. 1962. Comparative Nutrition of Man and Domestic Animals. Vol. 1. Academic Press, New York, p. 42.
- National Research Council. 1994. Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. Ninth Revised Edition. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Wang, J. G. 1981. Determination of creatinine in blood. In: Clinical Biochemistry Methods. Hunan Science and Technology Press, Changsha. pp. 358-361.
- Ishibashi, T. and Y. Ohta. 1999. Recent advance in amino acid nutrition for efficient poultry production: Review. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 12:1298-1309.
- Hewitt, D. and D. Lewis. 1972. The amino acid requirements of the growing chicken: 1. Determination of amino acid requirement. Br. Poult. Sci. 13:449-453.
- Kim, J. H., W. T. Cho, C. J. Yang, C. J. Shin and I. K. Han. 1997b. Partition of amino acids requirement for maintenance and growth of broilers: II. Methionine. Ausian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 10:277-283.
- Qu, M. R., G. H. Li and X. H. Yan. 1999. Study on optimal dietary protein level of Taihe silky fowls. Jiangxi Feed (in Chinese), (5):3-5.
- Establishing an essential amino acid profile for maintenance in poultry using deletion method vol.100, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1111/jpn.12403
- Genome-wide scan and analysis of positive selective signatures in Dwarf Brown-egg Layers and Silky Fowl chickens vol.96, pp.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3382/ps/pex239