- Volume 15 Issue 4 Serial No. 65
The response of single story buildings and other case studies were investigated to observe trends and develop a better understanding of the impact of some design parameters on the seismic response of Concentrically Braced Frames (CBF). While many parameters are known to influence the behavior of braced frames, the focus of this study was mostly on quantifying energy dissipation in compression and its effectiveness on seismic performance. Based on dynamic analyses of single story braced frame and case studies, a bracing member designed with bigger R and larger KL/r was found to result in lower normalized cumulative energy ratio in both cases.
Supported by : 뉴욕주립대학교
- Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings AISC
- Ductile Design of Steel Structures Bruneau, Michel;Uang, Chia-Ming;Whittaker, Andrew
- Inelastic Cyclic Behavior of Steel Bracing Members, Report No. UMEE 82R1 Gugerli, H.;Goel, S.C.
- Modeling of Bracing Members and Seismic Behavior of Concentrically Braced Steel Structures, Report No. UMCE 91-1 Hassan, O.F.;Goel, S.C.
- Uniform Building Code ICBO
- A Refined Physical Theory Model for Predicting the Seismic Behavior of Braced Frames, Report No. UCB/EERC-84/12 Ikeda, K.;Mahin, S.A.
- Phenomenological Modeling of Steel Braces under Cyclic Loading, Report No. UCB/EERC-84/09 Ikeda, K.;Mahin, S.A.;Dermitzakis, S.N.
- Static and Dynamic Hysteresis Behavior of Steel Tubular Members with Welded Gusset Plates, Report No. UMEE 77R3 Jain, A.K.;Goel, S.C.;Hanson, R.D.
- Review of Energy Dissipation of Compression Members in Concentrically Braced Frames, Report No. MCEER-02-0005 Lee, K.;Bruneau, M.
- Seismic Behavior of Hollow and Concrete-Filled Square Tubular Bracing Members, Report No. UMEE 87-11 Lee, S.;Goel, S.C.
- Journal of the Engineering Mechanics v.113 no.11 Formulation of Inelastic Bar Under Repeated Axial and Thermal Loadings Nonaka, Taijiro
- DRAIN-2DX, DRAIN-3DX and DRAIN-BUILDING, Base Program Design Documentation, Report No. UCB/SEMM-93/16 Prakash, V.;Powell, G.H.
- Implementation of the Refined Physical Theory Model of Braced Steel Frames in NONSPEC and DRAIN-2DX Taddei, Pascal