- Volume 15 Issue 1
This study aimed to develop experiment-based limiting heights for interior, nonload-bearing, cold-formed steelwall panels sheathed with gypsum board and subjected to uniformly distributed lateral loadings. Th e limiting heightswere evaluated by their strength (for flexure, shear, and web crippling) and deflection. Limiting heights for deflectionlimits of L/360, L/240, and L/120 (where L is the height of the wall) were developed over the range of typical designpressures.
- American Society Testing and Materials Standard methods of conducting strength tests of panels for building construction, E 72-80
- American Society Testing and Materials Standard methods and definitions for mechanical testing of stell products, A370-91a
- American Society Testing and Materials Standard specifications for installation of steel framing members to receive screw-attached gypsum panel products, A754-98a
- International Conference of Building Officials(ICBO) Uniform building code: Volume 2-Structural engineering design provisions
- International Conference of Building Officials Evaluation Service(ICBO ES) Acceptance criteria for steel studs, joists and tracks (AC46)
- International Conference of Building Officials Evaluation Service(ICBO ES) Acceptance criteria for determining limiting heights of composite walls constructed of gypsum board and steel studs(AC86)
- Test Rep, No. WHI-495-SP-0558 Inchcape Testing Service
- Final Report on Composite Wall Tests, Department of Civ., Constr. and Envir. Engieering, Oregon State University Lee, Y. K.;Miller, T. H.