- Volume 15 Issue 6 Serial No. 67
This s paper presented the results of the three phases of fatigue tests to determine the fatigue strength of in-plane welded gusset joints, which are the most common details inevitably existing in the region of high stress range. A total of 57 fatigue specimens with varying thickness and strengths were made and tensile fatigue tests performed. One full-scale beam fatigue test was also performed. The validity of the fatigue strength of those details in the specification was confirmed, with the effects of thickness of flanges and welded attachments, length of attachments, and strength of applied steel examined. The characteristics of crack initiation and propagation were also observed. The test result was evaluated by comparing it with other test data and fatigue criteria of other countries. To determine the degree of stress concentration in the weld toe depending on geometric configuration such as attachment length and transition radius, analyses were performed. Compared to the present specification, analytical results indicate the need to revise and subdivide the detail categories.
- 도로교 설계기준 한국도로교통협회
- Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges AASHTO
- 국민대학교 공학기술 논문집 v.25 고강도 강제를 적용한 면내거셋 용접부의 피로강도 배두병
- 강교량 구조상세의 피로강도실험 I, 한국강구조학회 연구보고서 정경섭;조재병;배두병
- 강교량 구조상세의 피로강도실험 II, 한국강구조학회 연구보고서 정경섭;조재병;배두병
- 고강도강 적용설계 및 제작기술 개발연구, 한국강구조학회 연구보고서 배두병;김성훈;최동호;황원섭
- Manual for Inspecting Bridges for Fatigue Damage Conditions, FHWAPA-89-022 Yen, B.T.;Fisher, J.W.
- Fatigue Cracking of Steel Bridge Structures, FHWA-RD-89-166 Demers, C.;Fisher, J.W.
- Steel Bridge Members under Variable Amplitude Long Life Fatigue Loading, NCHRP 267 Fisher, J.W.;Mertz, D.R.;Zhong, A.