- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Fertility of Holstein Cows in Chengdu, China
- Zi, X.D. (Department of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, South-west University for Nationalities) ;
- Ma, L. (Department of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, South-west University for Nationalities) ;
- Zhou, G.Q. (Fenghuang-shan Dairy Farm) ;
- Chen, C.L. (Fenghuang-shan Dairy Farm) ;
- Wei, G.M. (Fenghuang-shan Dairy Farm)
- Received : 2002.05.27
- Accepted : 2002.10.05
- Published : 2003.02.01
Data on the use of breeding records of dairy cattle farm of Fenghuang-shan in Chengdu areas during a period of six years is systematically analyzed. The results show that Holstein heifers have their 1st estrus at an average age of
Holstein;Estrus Detection;Conception Rate;Calving Interval
- Ali, J. B., N. M. A. Jawad and H. C. Pant. 1983. Summer heat stress on fertility of Friesian cows. World Rev. Anim. Prod. 3:75-80.
- Badinga, L., R. J. Collier, W. W. Thatcher and C. J. Wilcox. 1985. Effects of climatic and management factors on conception rate of dairy cattle in a subtropical environment. J. Dairy Sci. 68:78-85. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(85)80800-6
- Dale, H. D., A. D. Ragsdale and C. S. Cheng. 1959. Effect of constant environmental temperatures of 50 and 80 F on appearance of puberty in beef calves. J. Anim. Sci. 18:1263 (Abstr.).
- Dominguez, M. M. 1995. Effect of body condition, reproductive status and breed on follicular population and oocyte quality in cows. Theriogenology 43:1405-1418. https://doi.org/10.1016/0093-691X(95)00126-S
- Wiersma, F. and G. H. Stott. 1969. New concepts in the physiology of heat stress in cattle of interest to engineers. Jr. Anim. Soc. Agric. Engineers. 12:130-132.
- Foote, R. H. 1979. Time of AI and fertility in dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 62:355-358. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(79)83248-8
- Gwazdauskas, F. C., C. J. Wilcox and W. W. Thatcher. 1975. Environmental and management factors affecting conception rate in a subtropical climate. J. Dairy Sci. 58:88-92. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(75)84523-1
- Snijders, S. E. M., P. Dillon, D. O'Callaghan and M. P. Boland. 2000. Effect of genetic merit, milk yield, body condition and lactation number on in vitro oocyte development in dairy cows. Theriogenology 53:981-989. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0093-691X(00)00244-2
- MAFF. 1984. Dairy Herd Fertility. Reference Book 259. London, H.M.S.O.
- Nebel, R. L. and M. L. McGilliard. 1993. Interactions of high milk yield and reproductive performance in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 76:3257-3268. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(93)77662-6
- Ferrell, C. L. 1982. Effects of postweaning rate of gain on onset of puberty and reproductive performance of heifer of different breeds. J. Anim. Sci. 55:1272-1283. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1982.5561272x
- Ye, R. S. 1995. A correlation analysis on main index of cow's milk production and reproduction capacity. China Dairy Cattle, 3:27.
- Hurnick, J. F., G. J. King and H. A. Robertson. 1975. Estrus and related behavior in post-partum Holstein cows. Applied Anim. Ecology, 2:55-68.
- Li, Y. L. and H. Qiu. 1987. Cattle Production. Agriculture Publication House, Beijing.
- Lu, D. L., J. M. Wang and Y. M. Li. 1995. An analysis on changing factors of cow calving interval in Urumgi. China Dairy Cattle 3:23.
- SSB. 1998. China Statistical Yearbook. State Statistical Bureau, People's Republic of China. China Statistical Publishing House, Beijing.
- Dobson, H., S. E. Midmer and R. J. Fitzparick. 1975. Relationship between progesterone concentration in milk and plasma during the bovine estrus cycle. Vet. Rec. 96:222-223. https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.96.10.222
- Galina, C. S. and G. H. Arthur. 1990. Review of cattle reproduction in the tropics. Part 5. fertilization and pregnancy. J. Anim. Sci. 58:805 -813.
- Randel, R. D. 1990. Nutrition and postpartum rebreeding in cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 68:853-859.
- Hwang, S. Y., M. J. Lee and P. W. S. Chiou. 2000. Monitoring nutritional status of dairy cows in Taiwan using milk protein and milk urea nitrogen. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 12:1667-1673.
- Sasser, R. G., R. J. Williams, R. C. Bull, C. A. Ruder and D. G. Falk. 1988. Postpartum reproductive performance in crude protein-restricted beef cows: return to estrus and conception. J. Anim. Sci. 66:3033-3041. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1988.66123033x
- Effects of limit-feeding diets with different forage-to-concentrate ratios on nutrient intake, rumination, ruminal fermentation, digestibility, blood parameters and growth in Holstein heifers vol.89, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/asj.12959