- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The New Storage Technology: Effect of Far Infrared Ray (FIR) Ceramic Sheet Package on Storage Quality of Pork Loin
- Lin, Liang-Chuan (Graduate Institute of Animal Science, National Chung-Hsing University)
- Received : 2002.04.18
- Accepted : 2003.06.23
- Published : 2003.11.01
A total of 30 pork loin sections were utilized to evaluate the effects of FIR ceramic sheet in PE and vacuum package on preserving the quality of chilled pork stored at 4 and
Supported by : Council of Agriculture of Taiwan
- FDA. 1986. Bacteriological analytical manual for food. US. Government Printing Office, Washington, USA.
- Fujii, A., T. Hanjawa and N. Sakai. 1983. Heat transfer analysis in a food heated by Far-Infrared Radiation. Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkaishi, 40:469-477 (in Japanese).
- Honikel, K. O. 1987. The water binding of meat. Fleischwirtsch, 67:1098-1100.
- Iita, K. 1988. Film made of FIR. Food Industry, 12:27-34 (in Japanese).
- Sawai, J., A. Hashimoto, H. Igarashi and M. Shimizu. 1994a. Developments in food engineering. Proc. 6th International Congress on Engineering and Food, Blackie Academic and Professional, Tokyo, p. 742.
- Shimizu, M. 1987a. Technology of using FIR. New Food Industry, 29:4-9 (in Japanese).
- Ockerman, H. W. 1974. Quality control of post-mortem muscle tissue. The Ohio Agriculture Research Development Center, USA., p. 51:240.
- SAS. 1985. SAS user’s guide: Statistical Analysis Systems Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- Ayres, J. C. 1960. The relationship of organisms of the genus psendomonas to the spoilage of meat, poultry and eggs. 5. Appl. Bact. 23:471-476.
- Smith, D. M. and C. J. Brekke. 1975. Characteristics of low-salt frankfarters produced with enzyme-modified mechanically deboned meat. J. Food Sci. 50:308-312.
- Ishi, T. 1990. The effect on FIR Ceramic about maintaining freshness. Hi-Tech freshness maintaining, Nipon Lte. published, p. 17 (in Japanese).
- CNS. 1982. Chinese National Standard. Freezing fish analytical methods. No. 1451. Bureau of Standard, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Executive Yuan, Taiwan.
- Shimizu, M. 1987b. FIR on food industry. New Food Industry, 29:16-18 (in Japanese).
- Nishizawa, K. 1986. FIR heating in the use of food. Food Processing Technology, 6:18-25 (in Japanese).
- Hashimoto, A., H. Igarashi and M. Shimizu. 1991. FIR technology. New Food Industry, 33:8-30 (in Japanese).
- Pur, S. D. and K. Mullen. 1980. Applied statistics for food and agricultural scientists. G. K. Hall Med. Publ., Boston, MA, USA.
- Sasaki, K. 1987. FIR equipment on the use of food. New Food Industry, 29:19-24 (in Japanese).
- Sawai, J. and M. Shimizu. 1995. Using ceramic powder on bacteriostasis. Food Industry, 2:50-54 (in Japanese).
- Robinson, L. C. 1973. Physical principles of far-infrared radiation. Academic Press inc. New York and London, pp. 1-10.
- Egawa, Y. 1990. The FIR effect and Hi-Tech freshness maintaining, Nipon LTD. published. (in Japanese).
- Sawai, J., A. Hashimoto, H. Igarashi and M. Shimizu. 1994b. Better living though innovative biochemical engineering. Proc. 3rd Asia-pacific Biochemical Engineering Conference, Nat. Univ. of Singapore, p. 858.
- Omori, Y. 1994. The application in food fields of electromagnetic wave. Food and Development, 28:6-11 (in Japanese).