- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study on Biochemical Constituents of Caprine Ovarian Follicular Fluid after Superovulation
- Mishra, O.P. (Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Science, Birsa Agriculture University) ;
- Pandey, J.N. (Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Science, Birsa Agriculture University) ;
- Gawande, P.G. (Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Science, Birsa Agriculture University)
- Received : 2002.11.14
- Accepted : 2003.07.02
- Published : 2003.12.01
The experiment was designed on 42 non pregnant Black Bengal goat. Out of which 18 were subjected to a superovulatory treatment comprising of eCG and hCG for embryo transfer study. The remaining 24 goats received no treatment and served as control for parameter studied as well as recipient for embryo transfer studies. Important biochemical constituents such as acid and alkaline phosphatase, total protein and cholesterol and inorganic phosphorus were estimated in the follicular fluid of control and treated group and the values were separately recorded for small medium and large size follicle. The results indicated a significant effect on acid phosphotase activity due to size of follicle. The value increased progressively from small to medium and from medium to large follicles. Alkaline phosphotase activity showed reverse trend. Alkaline phosphotase decreased progressively as size increased. The concentration of inorganic phosphorus did not reveal any significant difference between the control and treatment groups and also between the different size follicles. The concentration of protein decreased significantly from small to medium and from medium to large, although no difference was observed between the control and treatment groups. The concentration of Cholesterol in the follicular fluid indicated a significant increase from small to medium and to large follicle. Here also no difference was observed due to treatment. Similar in the composition of follicular fluid in the respect of above mentioned constituents indicated no of super ovulatory treatment on follicular fluid composition.
Goat;Superovulation and Follicular Fluid
Supported by : Dean faculty of Veterinary Sciences for providing necessary facilities
- Chang, S. C. S., J. D. Jones, R. B. Ellefsoin and R. J. Ryan. 1976. The porcine ovarian follicles: 1-Selected chemical analysis of follicular fluid at different development stages. Biol. Reprod. 15:321-328.
- Dziuk, P. J. 1971. Obtaining eggs and embryos from sheep and pigs. In: method in mammalian embryology. (Ed. J. C. Daniel Jr.). Sanfrancisco W. H., Freeman, pp. 76-85.
- Dougherty, J. J., R. K. Puri and D. Toff. 1982. Phosphorylation in vivo of chicken oviduct progesterone receptor. J. Biol. Chem. 257:14226.
- Mc Gauphey, R. W. 1972. Biology of Reproduction 7:128
- Cited by Thakur, R. S., R. A. S. Chauhan and B. K. Singh. 2003. Studies on biochemical constituents of caprine follicular fluid. Indian Vet. J. 80(2):160-162.
- Auricchio, F. A., G. Migliaccio, S. Castoria, S. Lastoria and B. Schiavone. 1981. ATP-dependent enzyme activating hormone binding of estradiol receptor. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Lommun. 101:1171.
- Burgogyne, P. S., R. M. Boreland, J. D. Biggers and C. P. Lechene. 1979. Elemental composition of rabbitantral fluid during preovulatory follicular swelling. J. Reprod. Fert. 57:515-523.
- Ishwar, A. K. 1989. Reproductive performance in Goat following estrus synchronization and superovulation. Ph.D. thesis submitted to Birsa Agriculture University, Kanke, Ranchi Jharkhand Pin: 491001. India.
- Moog, F. 1946. The Physiological significance of the phosphomanoesterases. Biol. Rev. 21:41-59.
- Thakur, A. 1990. Studies on some biochemical constituents of caprine ovarian follicular fluid. M. V. Sc. Thesis submitted to JNKVV Adhartal Jabalpur, M.P., India.
- Janakiraman, K. and V. M. Mehta. 1990. Studies on reproductive physiology for improving the production efficiency of Marwari and Surti goats of Gujrat State. Final technical report. 480.
- Caravaglios, R. and R. Cilotti. 1957. A study of the proteins in the follicular fluid of the cow. J. Endocrinology 15:273-278.
- Goat project from Gujrat Agriculture University, Anand, Gujrat, India, p. 76.
- Snedecor, G. W. and W. G. Cochran. 1994. Statistical method 6th Edn. Oxford and IBH Publishing Company Mumbai, India.
- Thakur, R. S., R. A. S. Chauhan and B. K. Singh. 2003. Studies on biochemical constituents of caprine follicular fluid. Indian Vet. J. 80(2):160-162.
- Skyes, J. F., S. Mess and T. R. Wrenn. 1955. Uterine and placental enzymes. Endocrinologica 46:217-229.
- Wani, G. M. and H. Golderman. 1987. Repeated superovulation in goats. Workshop on embryo biotechnology. National Institute of Immunology. New Delhi. India.
- Fisk, C. H. and Y. Subbaraw. 1925. The colorimetric determination of phosphorus. J. Biol. Chem. 66:375-400.
- Olds, D. and N. L. Van Denmark. 1957. Luminal fluids of bovine female genitalia. J. Amer. Vet. Med. Assoc. 131:555-556.
- Brantmerier, S. A., R. R. Grummer and R. L. Av. 1987. Concentration of high-density lipoprotein, very among follicular size in the bovine. J. Dairy Sci. 70:2140-2145.
- O'Callaghan, D., H. Yaakub, P. Hyttel, L. J. Spicer and M. P. Boland. 2000. Effect of nutrition and super ovulation on oocyte morphology, follicular fluid composition and systemic hormone concentrations in ewes. J. Reprod. Fertil. 118(2):303-13. https://doi.org/10.1530/reprod/118.2.303
- Choi, Y. H., M. Takagi, H. Kamishita, M. P. Wijayagunawardane, T. J. Acosta, K. Miyazawa and K. Sato. 1998. Effects of follicular fluid on fertilization and embryonic development of bovine oocytes in vitro. Theriogenology 49(6):1103-12.
- Lowry, O. H., N. J. Resenbrought, A. L. Farr and R. J. Randal. 1951. Protein measurement with foline & pohenol reagent, J. Biolk. Chem. 193:256-275.
- Grummer, R. R. and D. J. Carroll. 1988. A review of lipoprotein cholesterol metabolism. Importance to ovarian function. J. Anim. Sci. 60:3160-3174.
- Lutewark Man, C. 1954. Note on chemical composition of bovine follicular fluid. J. Agric. Sci. 44:477-480.
- Wise, T. 1987. Biochemical analysis of bovine follicular fluid: albumin, total protein, lysosomal enzyme, ions, steroids and ascorbic acid content in relation to follicular size, rank, atresia, classification and day of estrous cycle. J. Anim. Sci. 64: 1153-169.
- Hafez, E. S. E. and B. Hafez. 2000. Folliculogenesis, Egg maturation and Ovulation chapter 5: In: Reproduction in farm animal seventh Edition Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, A Wolters Klawer Company Philadelphia, London and New York.
- Jonas, A. 1975. Isolation and partial characterization of the major a lipoprotein component of bovine serum high-density lipoprotein. Biochem. Biophys. ACTA. 393:460.
- Wise, T., M. W. Vernon and R. R. Maarer. 1986. Oxytocin, Prostaglandin E & F, estradiol, Progesterone, Sodium and Potasium in preovulatory bovine follicles either developed normally or stimulated by follicle stimulating hormone. Theriogenology 26:765-778.
- Ishwar, A. K. and M. A. Memon. 1989. Embryo transfer in sheep and goats: a review. Small Ruminant Research 19:35-43.
- Lebedeva, L. Yu., Yu. Denisenko, V. A. Lebedev and T. I. Kuzmina. 1998. Prolectin in follicular fluid and intracellular store calcium in follicular cells are related to morphological sings of ovarian follicle atresia in cows: work in progress. Theriogenology 49(3):509-19.
- Biochemical composition of ovine follicular fluid in relation to follicle size vol.49, pp.1, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-169X.2007.00901.x
- Biochemical composition of blood plasma and follicular fluid in relation to follicular size in buffalo vol.20, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00580-010-1014-5
- Dynamics of ovarian follicular fluid in cattle vol.20, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00580-010-1038-x
- Some biochemical constituents in follicular fluid of indigenous cows of Assam vol.7, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14202/vetworld.2014.976-979
- Hemato-biochemical and hormonal profiles in post-partum water buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis) vol.8, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14202/vetworld.2015.512-517
- Biochemical constituents and steroid hormones in follicular fluid from antral follicles of cross-bred Malabari goats of Kerala pp.1744-4179, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/09291016.2018.1564574